Calculating Wattage required for an amp.

blubber

Ok, here it is, i am going to buy 6 new speakers, each uses around 300 watts speakers (600 in a pair) from boss..

here are the speakers in mind: Boss Chaos Exxteeme CH6950

First of i would like to ask a couple of questions,

what should i "expect" from these speakers?

what range of watts should i look for in an amp?

is there anything else i need to be aware of?

thank you

Ok, here it is, i am going to buy 6 new speakers, each uses around 300 watts speakers (600 in a pair) from boss.. here are the speakers in mind: Boss Chaos Exxteeme CH6950

thank you
It looks like you're looking to spend less than $40 a pair on some 6x9's. DO NOT BUY BOSS! Here are some better options for your $....

Alpine Type-S SPS-69C3 3-Way 6x9 speakers-Pair | eBay

Pioneer TSA 6964 Speekers | eBay

Alpine SPE-6090 6x9 - 2-Way Car Speaker 793276601506 | eBay

or if you need six identical 6x9's get 3 of these...

CADENCE CS3.69 6X9" 3-WAY CAR AUDIO SPEAKERS (PAIR) | eBay

or these...

Cadence ZRS-69S ZRS69S 6X9" 320 Watt (pair) Slim 2 Way Shallow Mount Speakers | eBay

I have installed a pair of the last set in my step mom's ride and they sound superb for $40.

Ok, here it is, i am going to buy 6 new speakers, each uses around 300 watts speakers (600 in a pair) from boss.. here are the speakers in mind: Boss Chaos Exxteeme CH6950

thank you
You could expect them to sound terrible and fail quickly. The only thing with the Boss name on it that was ever good were the first amps they put out....they were still rated at a bit over double what they would actually do, but they were very well built and good sounding.

If you're trying to not spend a lot of money and have half decent performance some good suggestions have been made. I can also vouch for the Kicker components/coaxials as being decent.

Your best bet looking for an amp in say the 100$ range one that is rated 50W per channel will be much better than one that claims 300W per channel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.