CAL26 titan tweeter shutting off - Phase Plug set, ideas??

Have you tried to contact the seller? The company you bought them from should be able to help you source this type of issue as well.

Have you tried to contact the seller? The company you bought them from should be able to help you source this type of issue as well.
Yep, that should be the FIRST place you contact about possibly product issue.

I once had water in my crossover that caused the same problem with a passive set (not Rainbow.) I'm sure you would have noticed water when you switched up the crossovers, but just throwing it out there.

I once had water in my crossover that caused the same problem with a passive set (not Rainbow.) I'm sure you would have noticed water when you switched up the crossovers, but just throwing it out there.
Hey, I hadn't even though of that! It may just be that this might've happened. I took the crossover covers off, and looked closely for anything that might resemble water-type damage, and didn't see anything evident.

Is there a way to test crossovers individually to find out if this might be the issue?

UPDATE!!

I just un-bridged the Profi's, and rerouted the RCA's and wiring to the front two channel inputs on the amp. I also adjusted the crossovers on the amp to 85Hz, and adjusted the gain on the amp to its 'nominal' setting.

I turn the HU on, gradually increase the volume until I reach 25-26, then 27....the tweets both cut out again.

Will it harm my tweeters if I remote the overload protection bulbs in the crossovers? Or will that not make a difference, and I should just consider going active?

Oh, and my HU is an Alpine 7998, with the crossover settings turned off....I'm only using the crossover settings on my amp (Alpine MRD F752).

If we can rule out that you're overdriving the speakers then it has to be that you're either clipping your amp or it's a faulty xover.

I wouldn't remove the tweeters protection circuit in the xovers.

If we can rule out that you're overdriving the speakers then it has to be that you're either clipping your amp or it's a faulty xover.
I wouldn't remove the tweeters protection circuit in the xovers.
Cool, got it. I won't remove the tweeter protection bulbs. I wasn't determined to do that, but I also wasn't sure if it was an option or not.

So I'm definitely not overdriving the speakers now that they're not bridged anymore. They are getting right around 110w rms a side now.

As far as my amp clipping...I never had that issue when the CMX's were installed a couple of weeks ago, and when I un-bridged the Profi's earlier today, I set the gain to the amp's nomal setting (not even half way up as far as the adjustment range goes).

Again, thanks for the input, everyone. I really do appreciate it. This is frustrating, as you can probably imagine, but you guys chiming in to try and help make more sense of this is really good to have. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Have you contacted the person that you bought the set from, it doesn't seem like you're doing anything wrong, don't keep going crazy, call the person you purchased it from and get support from them and have them warranty it if need be.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.