Challenge - System Design Low Cost Good Quality

Swinger Vic
10+ year member

Here is the situation. Have a friend, female, not girlfriend yet. I want to put a small system in her car, she says "NO". I say yes, if affordable.

Items will be installed by local Best Buy at 89 for the 4 channel amp and 49 for the front speakers. I have a 4 channel amp kit already

She has 94 Toyota 4 Runner with I believe 5.25 in the dash (facing down to knees) and trunk area.

My goal. Low cost quality system that she will enjoy and therefore trust my decision. She usually listens to music from her iPod through the receiver. Receiver may be 4 channel, don't know

Limitations/Goals/Requirements :

Cost - Less than 100 or so shipped for the front speakers.

No Jensen, Boss, Audiobahn, or other no names.

Probably coax to avoid tweeter holes

1 inch tweeter, soft dome preferred

Sensitivity of 88db or better. Power handlng of 55 rms to 100 peak.

Current options:

Alpine Type R's - out of budget

Infinity Kappa - 2 ohm for more power out of amp

Diamond - 1 inch tweeter

Polk - out of budget

Crystal - best bet? Metal tweeter.

Amp - Quality, name brand 4 channel, 2 ohm stable on fronts and bridged rear at 2 ohms for single sub.

150ish $$

Above 50 x 4, 75 x 4 possible at this price range ?

Rear bridged to around 150 solid at 2 ohms for sub

Reasonable name brand

Bass knob might be helpful

Current options

HiFonics

Alpine

Soundstream

I would like brand loyality in speakers, amp, sub (single 10 or 12 in .75 to 1.0 prefab box at 2 ohms)

I would really appreciate a couple of system setups or coax options that you have actually heard or link me to some new (not classified) deals and pull the trigger on this by this weekend.

FYI. If you're trying to impress her w/ the system, don't use a prefab box lmao. Trust me, I know plenty of guys that tried that and the girl had them pull it out cuz they sounded like the j-elz double 0's in the trunk of a caprice!!! Do it right and she'll thank you for it.

perhaps if she says "No" then she just really isn't interested in it. most females could care less if it sounds like a true live performance, or like it sounds as if you are listening to an old paper cone speaker with the paper whizzer cone through a tin can. let sleeping dogs lie, if you wanna get her a gift get her something shiny that she can wear. she'll appreciate it much more.

just my .02 someday when you get older you will understand

C'mon guys,

I need some recommendations! Based on the past hr of Evilbaying I found 5.25 Infinity Kappa coax's 52.7i for 82 at onlinecarstereo and a 06 RF P450 on Evilbay from electronicsgiant for 139 +29 shipping. That should be stable for the 2 ohm Infinity coax's and a 4 ohm bridged rear.

1. As for quality I meant a known standard of performance. I would accept all suggestions.

2. As for her saying "no", it was a generalization, she would just prefer I did not spend $ on her car as she will be getting a new one in 6 months. She loves to play with the volume in mine.

3. Pre-fab box is an option. Box would be built to specifications.

4. She does appreciate quality sound. Her home system is Yamaha and Klipsch, not the lower end options of either brand. She definetly does not want jewelery. I believe I am old enough at 37. She is 30.

How about taking her out to a few places to demo speakers and see what she likes?

Otherwise "I" like the sound of the REV coax's and also the Crystal comps in the GF's car, but you can't get the Crystals for under $100.

Check millionbuy for the REV's and Profile amps, might save you a few $$$...

This is good stuff and you can do a set-up cheap.

PGrsd 5.25 coaxials - $50.00

PD RSd 10"- $125.00

Cadence TXA-3004 - $129.00 shipped authorized will do 3 channel mixed mono 75 x 2/300 x 1 4ohm

Total-$304.00

CDT CL-5EX - $89.99

CDT EF120 - $99.99

Cadence TXA-3004 - $129.00 shipped authorized will do 3 channel mixed mono 75 x 2/300 x 1 4ohm

Total-$319.97

PGrsd 5.25 coaxials - $50.00

RE RE12- $79.00 shipped authorized

total-$258.00

If you can go Comps then.

PG RSd 5.25 - $90.00

PG RSd 10 or RE 12

Cadence TXA-3004

You can put together the Pioneer Rev, RE 12, Cadence combo in the $300 range also. You have to decide if going comps or Coaxials but it all can be done for about $250-350 range with quality stuff.

Why do all that work for her.... what has she done for you lately?!

I would ask her out on a date before you go where every other stooge has gone with her before.... and where are they now? Do you smell what I'm cooking?! You can't buy love.

- Gary

Datingmatingandrelating.com

Why do all that work for her.... what has she done for you lately?!
I would ask her out on a date before you go where every other stooge has gone with her before.... and where are they now? Do you smell what I'm cooking?! You can't buy love.

- Gary

Datingmatingandrelating.com

x3! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

But on to topic, any of those that "genxx" recommended would all be good lil systems!

^^^

Good rec from genxx but I say if you love her youll throw down more cash, wall off the car w/ 4 15" RE MT's on 2 RF T4ks and throw some eminence speakers in the doors. Thats just what any loving man would do... just my .02 lol

Love the idea of a couple of 18's or 4x15's in the hatch area. Can you run a couple of 18's off 150 watts?

Update. Just bought 2 x Orion XTR 3752 refurb amps at $79 each. Looks like 98 x 2 at 4 ohms for one (unless infinity at 2 ohms) and 375 x 1 at 4 ohms for the other at 100%.

Speakers?

She is a nice girl, don't "need" anything yet. She does lots for me. I have the money for it, and, I could pull the amps/sub at any time. I am only out the front speakers, install cost, and amp install kit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.