Cab 1600.1

Participant count
  • Participant list

youdoofus

Skibidi
In light of the recent demise of my SQ 2200.1 and its likely cost of repair (last time it was $150), i was wondering about what you guys thought about the CAB 1600.1. Price seems almost too good to be true, but it sure looks beefy. Anyone have any experience with this guy?

one i ordered for a guy it works., i just can say how well cause his truck has horrible cancelation problem, need new box.. i stuck my pioneer sun in there (1200rms to it) and with box aimed at back corner of box it was louder than his 2 orion hp with port and sub firing front.. my box is same way though he needs port on side.. only bad think i heard was guy said his was messing up but he had it mounted to sub box, u can't do that with $200 amps, well u can but your luck will run out eventually..

one i ordered for a guy it works., i just can say how well cause his truck has horrible cancelation problem, need new box.. i stuck my pioneer sun in there (1200rms to it) and with box aimed at back corner of box it was louder than his 2 orion hp with port and sub firing front.. my box is same way though he needs port on side.. only bad think i heard was guy said his was messing up but he had it mounted to sub box, u can't do that with $200 amps, well u can but your luck will run out eventually..
ok, mounting it on my box is pretty much my only option right now, but thats a no go then, huh? Maybe get a carpeted board and put it on my seatback?

The back seat would be the best option. Unless your box is crazy solid and braced I wouldn't mount it there. Even then it would still get shaken up a bit

Mounted to the box? If so it's possible. In a few threads back weren't you only running 4awg though? That could do it as well. If your looking for wire eBay has 2/0 welding cable cheaper than most cca 1/0 and the welding cable is pure ofc

Mounted to the box? If so it's possible. In a few threads back weren't you only running 4awg though? That could do it as well. If your looking for wire eBay has 2/0 welding cable cheaper than most cca 1/0 and the welding cable is pure ofc
still running that 4 gauge. looking at getting the welding wire, but also need to see what i can afford to get the bump back in my trunk once i have it. Im not planning on suffocating another amp anytime soon

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

For like $20 more you can get the Skar RP2000 and have more power on tap.
Very happy with mine.
right on, thanks!!

i would actually rather have skar 1500 for $20 less than to get cab., idk why really.. i love the way cab looks more than anything and thats no reason to buy amp..

Mounting it on the back on an enclosure is a bad idea. Shredder1 has 2 of them and he did the same. 1 went bad, the board shifted, amp quit working because of the bass that generated so much vibration, that the amp is bad now.

I would find a more desireable suitable place for that amp away from the sub enclosure if at all possible. Under a rear seat for instance.

Either way you go cab or skar I would highly suggest upgrading your wire first. once you do you'll have the wire and be set for the future =)
i would actually rather have skar 1500 for $20 less than to get cab., idk why really.. i love the way cab looks more than anything and thats no reason to buy amp..
Mounting it on the back on an enclosure is a bad idea. Shredder1 has 2 of them and he did the same. 1 went bad, the board shifted, amp quit working because of the bass that generated so much vibration, that the amp is bad now.
I would find a more desireable suitable place for that amp away from the sub enclosure if at all possible. Under a rear seat for instance.
thanks guys!! im definitely gonna do the welding wire first, kinda learned a painful lesson with the 4 gauge. I honestly had no idea that suffocating an amp was a thing before you guys helped. I am an old skooler where the big power came from the PC21400 and nobody i actually knew had one, then the rockford power 1100a2's and bd1500's. The only people back in the early 2000s where i live ran 0 gauge or thicker had like 4 sub amps and i didnt think that id get into that rage of electrical need with one $500 amp, but the times have changed, and ive learned a valuable lesson(albeit pigheadedly) Thanks again you guys, i truly appreciate all the help! Im sure ill post some other questions that may seem dense to you all in the future, but if youre as helpful as you have been, i think ill catch up pretty quickly, now i just need to work on a money source to allow me to buy more gear!! TBH, id love a couple old school PPI PC4600s to run my subs or a 21400, but i dont think ill have THAT kind of luck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ok, so understanding that the back of the box is a death sentence, and the back of the seat is kind of a PITA for me because i like to use the ski hole for an air pass thru, where else could i put it reasonably?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.