C2 Audio Threatcon 2 Review Thread

Recorded in HD. Break-in period is done, sub running at 800 RMS. And I have more rattle. Need to put in more deadener. It's a long video but it's 5 songs I listen to regularly. Very pleased!

Ran one of mine for about 5 days ported. Next up I am going to try one sealed. Going to review them both ways after I get a chance to give the sealed setup a good listen. Very happy with the 12 ported in 1.75 cubes tuned to 35 hz though. Also would like to add that the coil and soft parts are in great shape after the short break in period I gave them and 5 days of regular listening on more than rated power. Small sample size I know but its a start.

As far as break in goes....arent all the woofers played at full tilt when they get off the container for qc testing before being shipped out?
Good question - I would like to know the answer to this too but I am assuming that the sort of "burp" each woofer for a few seconds...

As far as break in goes....arent all the woofers played at full tilt when they get off the container for qc testing before being shipped out?
Good question - I would like to know the answer to this too but I am assuming that the sort of "burp" each woofer for a few seconds...
QC from China? Comeon... lol.
Chris personally tests and inspect each and every woofer. I just asked him to what wattage he tests each woofer. Awaiting response.

Ok, just got off the phone with Chris. His test isn't balls to the walls max power. Among other testing criteria, Chris runs 300 watts to the woofers to ensure the coil is aligned. If the coil is dragging or making any type of noise the woofer is failed and put to the side. He does this in free air at 300 watts so he can see and hear if the coil is dragging or catching. And this run of woofers Chris personally handled, tested, inspected and signed off in every woofer that passed his criteria.

Ran one of mine for about 5 days ported. Next up I am going to try one sealed. Going to review them both ways after I get a chance to give the sealed setup a good listen. Very happy with the 12 ported in 1.75 cubes tuned to 35 hz though. Also would like to add that the coil and soft parts are in great shape after the short break in period I gave them and 5 days of regular listening on more than rated power. Small sample size I know but its a start.
Also looking forward to your reviews Spooney. And vids!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

C2 Audio

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
C2 Audio
Youngstown, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date