C2 Audio Threatcon 4 Prototype v4

Participant count
  • Participant list

C2 Audio
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Here is another updated Threatcon-4 Prototype from one of our Buildhouses.... This woofer uses a High Temp 3" coil (Imported from Japan 320 degree), Quad Spiders with Bolt Down Spider Pack (these need a little bit of improvement as they are a little too soft), and a 300 Oz Motor. Retail would be around $229 for this woofer if it is put into production. RMS is 1200 and Xmax is a whole bunch! Let me know what your thoughts are on this woofer.

T/S Parameters are below:

12" Threatcon-4 Prototype-1 Dual 4 Ohm

FS: 31.6 Hz

VAS: 37.1 L

QES: .38

QMS: 4.35

QTS: .35

Le: 4.44 mH

BL: 31.1

MMS: 257.9 g

SENS: 86.7 DB

XMAX: TBD

2efrcyg.jpg

Let me know what you think!

-Chris

All four versions look promising. I like the cone on the JF version the best and I would really like to see the voice coil gap venting on this version or whatever version you eventually decide on. I know the more power it handles the tougher it will be to keep it a really sweet sounding sub but I would love to see something along the lines of the Threatcon 2 sound quality wise that handles more power.

I was just talking to Chris about this woofer via text. He's already requested another prototype of it with some stiffer spiders among a couple other minor changes. I really like the price point he's going at with this one and he said the throw is very nice. Still waiting on a video when he gets a chance.

think it can hang with the AB xfl.. seems like you gotta prove your sub to the already proven. good luck tho- i hope it is in the same leguae

We will have to see! But the Threatcon 2 12"s have already made a pretty big mark and plenty of people running them can vouch for that. I saw video of the JF prototype and it was pretty **** intense. He said he liked the JF but he is really into this one as well. So it must have made quite the impression on him. I'm sure there will be plenty more testing and information coming our way in the next couple weeks.

think it can hang with the AB xfl.. seems like you gotta prove your sub to the already proven. good luck tho- i hope it is in the same leguae
I feel pretty confident with this prototypes capabilities. I am making a few minor changes but I think everyone will really enjoy this sub if it triumphs as the Threatcon 4 production 12".

-Chris

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

C2 Audio

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
C2 Audio
Youngstown, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date