Buzzing sound from speakers only when driving near clinics/hospitals

Participant count
  • Participant list

Edwindiaz91706

CarAudio.com Newbie
I recently had some audio done in my truck 2018 Silverado 2 door short bed it previously had already 2 JL 12s and an amp running off the stock radio never had an issue with it I took it recently to get the door speakers upgraded and hooked up to a 4 channel amp and a bass controller with the stock radio the audio sounds great but I get a buzzing sound when I drive through specific places like some clinic by my house and hospital and some gas stations it doesn’t do it all the time I tried taking it back but the installer says it sounds fine when I take it so they don’t want to deal with it any suggestions what it can be or what’s making it pick up that signal

Last edited:
what’s making it pick up that signal
I have had it happen on radar detectors but not in car audio. FCC rule part 15:
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation."
This does not explain the why, but lets you know it is not something crazy/dangerous. I would try using shielded RCA wires for starters, see what happens.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...