Buying car audio from forum members? Trust? Precautions?

BasketBaller
10+ year member

Just wanted to get input on how safe it is to buy car audio from other member of a forum. I know it's done all the time, but I'm sure someone has come up with the idea of possibly registering to a forum (free), then saying they have something for sale and finding a buyer, then getting the buyer to send payment by paypal, and then not send what he agreed to sell. Then, he goes and makes another name, and does it to someone else, etc, etc....

I mean, what precautions do you take? How do you or would you go about trusting the seller, or if you do/did get ripped off, what can you do then?

This is why we have a "Feedback" forum... search for the member's user name there, and also ask them for references on the forum. Then CONTACT THOSE PEOPLE and ask about the details of their transactions.

It's never foolproof, but you can often get a good idea of how a person handles their transactions this way.

I have never had major issues buying something from someone... Not neccessarily on these forums, but others that I have made many many transactions on...

Not something to really worry about, unless they seem really shady, or made a profile JUST to sell something...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.