Buying 2 kicker 03cvr124 subs in a sealed enclosure today

Participant count
  • Participant list

MyNameIsHere

CarAudio.com Regular
USA
Not wiring this for awhile, but I need help. They're both 400 rms, so 800 rms total. The amp will be either a sa sfb 1000 or a soundqubed s1 850.

Do I need 8 awg or larger?

What size should the actual sub wire from the amp to subs be?

Who sells cheap, but good wiring kits?

Do a 4 gauge kit for future upgrades in ofc if you can. Lots of kits out there...Sky High, Knu Knoceptz, soundqubed and so on. Out of those two amplifiers I would go SFB 1000 any day of the week. Apex has them for 189.99

Most people go OFC and 1/0 to wire for the future in case they want to upgrade. At very least go 4 gauge OFC if you can but if you do NOT plan on upgrading them 1/0 CCA or 4 gauge CCA in a good kit is all you need.

Also if you can afford the extra $ for the SFB 1500 in case you ever want to upgrade it is 239.99. So 50 bucks difference either way you can't go wrong with the SFB 1000 or 1500.

Heck for the price it is hard to beat this right now for wiring for a future upgrade other then the fact it isn't OFC

Stinger OFC kit for 55 bucks is a good deal as well and Stinger makes nice stuff all around for installation accessories.

Install bay CCA for 40 bucks for a 1/0

I'm sure others will pop in with some recommendations. Personally I would wire for 1/0 OFC and be done with it so in case you want to upgrade to a 4 channel dual amplifier setup for your other speakers you are set to go, 4 gauge OFC can do that as well with a 1K amplifier and a smaller 4 channel I did it that way with a Memphis kit and no issues for awhile.

I agree
Run the bigger wire now and then just put a distribution block in the back and spit it if you want to add on in the future
Better to only have to tear the car apart once

Let me design you a ported box for those CVR's. CVR's actually aren't too bad ported, I've done a ton of them over time, for 11 years haha.
Let me design you a ported box for those CVR's. CVR's actually aren't too bad ported, I've done a ton of them over time, for 11 years haha.

I know that they would sound amazing in ported, but I can't afford it. It's undee my budget so if something happens it's easy to replace.

I agree
Run the bigger wire now and then just put a distribution block in the back and spit it if you want to add on in the future
Better to only have to tear the car apart once

My car can only put out 75 amps and I don't want to add a battery or replace the alternator.

Do a 4 gauge kit for future upgrades in ofc if you can. Lots of kits out there...Sky High, Knu Knoceptz, soundqubed and so on. Out of those two amplifiers I would go SFB 1000 any day of the week. Apex has them for 189.99

Most people go OFC and 1/0 to wire for the future in case they want to upgrade. At very least go 4 gauge OFC if you can but if you do NOT plan on upgrading them 1/0 CCA or 4 gauge CCA in a good kit is all you need.

[/URL]

Also if you can afford the extra $ for the SFB 1500 in case you ever want to upgrade it is 239.99. So 50 bucks difference either way you can't go wrong with the SFB 1000 or 1500.

[/URL]

[/URL]

Heck for the price it is hard to beat this right now for wiring for a future upgrade other then the fact it isn't OFC

[/URL]

Stinger OFC kit for 55 bucks is a good deal as well and Stinger makes nice stuff all around for installation accessories.

[/URL]

Install bay CCA for 40 bucks for a 1/0

[/URL]

I'm sure others will pop in with some recommendations. Personally I would wire for 1/0 OFC and be done with it so in case you want to upgrade to a 4 channel dual amplifier setup for your other speakers you are set to go, 4 gauge OFC can do that as well with a 1K amplifier and a smaller 4 channel I did it that way with a Memphis kit and no issues for awhile.

I think I'll get the stinger. Thank you for the recommendations.

That has nothing to do with wiring for the future. Always run for the future, you can always add an alternator down the road if you plan on keeping the vehicle. So wire with the 4 gauge or 1/0 so you are set no matter what. You want a 4 gauge at least for that amplifier anyways to get the power out of it.

Always have a set of back up fuses as well. I would do a fuse holder before the amplifier as well just for piece of mind. I did that always when running even just the one amplifier for subwoofers.

That Stinger is a nice kit for 55 bucks. I would look around and see if the price is cheaper elsewhere before buying just to see.

Last edited:
That has nothing to do with wiring for the future. Always run for the future, you can always add an alternator down the road if you plan on keeping the vehicle. So wire with the 4 gauge or 1/0 so you are set no matter what. You want a 4 gauge at least for that amplifier anyways to get the power out of it.

Always have a set of back up fuses as well. I would do a fuse holder before the amplifier as well just for piece of mind. I did that always when running even just the one amplifier for subwoofers.

That Stinger is a nice kit for 55 bucks. I would look around and see if the price is cheaper elsewhere before buying just to see.

Ok thank you. Someone thats running 3000 rms recommended to me to get a circuit breaker for a car, because it's like a fuse, but reusable. Are there any good brands out there? Also I think I'm getting the sa sfb1000 so it would be like 100 amp. Also what reputable sites sell the sfb1000?

I know that they would sound amazing in ported, but I can't afford it. It's undee my budget so if something happens it's easy to replace.

You can build the box yourself. I just do a design, it's not very expensive at all, and all you need is to cut some wood and glue it together. It will make those subs substantially louder for probably the smallest amount of money you could spend to improve the loudness of your system. And we could always design the box to be versatile, leaving you a wide range of subs in that power range that would work in the box, so you could just build it once and keep it for a while.

I worked in a fairly low income area with a shop, and we used to just make ported boxes for prefabs people had bought, it's usually immediately 50% louder, if not more. Just depends on the overall system. Anyways, just some food for thought. Best of luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...