Burned by CoilBurner BEWARE

This is the exact reason this forum has gone to $hit for a lot of sales. You try to keep people honest and you have a bunch of people trying to defend based on reputation. I have bought on this forum 2 times, both times with pictures, and both times I was scammed to a degree. I received my items, but they were not as pictured and I'm sure one item wasn't even the same one that was in the picture (not from Coilburner, btw).

If Goob is so interested in preserving his Google ad revenue and making this website a sellable entity, he should try to provide a better level of customer service for his customers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Letting his Customers (users) get scammed by other users is not productive for making this site a profitable business. What's the use of having moderators that have no power to moderate/ban/delete scamming users? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif

This is the exact reason this forum has gone to $hit for a lot of sales. You try to keep people honest and you have a bunch of people trying to defend based on reputation. I have bought on this forum 2 times, both times with pictures, and both times I was scammed to a degree. I received my items, but they were not as pictured and I'm sure one item wasn't even the same one that was in the picture (not from Coilburner, btw).
If Goob is so interested in preserving his Google ad revenue and making this website a sellable entity, he should try to provide a better level of customer service for his customers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Letting his Customers (users) get scammed by other users is not productive for making this site a profitable business. What's the use of having moderators that have no power to moderate/ban/delete scamming users? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif
We have the power to ban. The reason he hasnt is so he has a chance to communicate with the buyer.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

We have the power to ban. The reason he hasnt is so he has a chance to communicate with the buyer.

His other screen names are Qxxx4, WOT, QuantumAudio which are all known scammers.
If you know he has other screen names that he has been scamming under, WHY wouldn't you perma-ban him after the 2nd or 3rd alias?

Letting people make multiple names is opening the door to scamming, harassment, etc. Multiple screen names should be at least a temporary ban and a perma-ban after the 3rd name is created. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif [/soapbox]

If you know he has other screen names that he has been scamming under, WHY wouldn't you perma-ban him after the 2nd or 3rd alias?Letting people make multiple names is opening the door to scamming, harassment, etc. Multiple screen names should be at least a temporary ban and a perma-ban after the 3rd name is created. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif [/soapbox]
Ignorance is bliss. His other screen names are all banned except for the one in question here. The only reason its not banned is so he can communicate with the OP.

I think Bobby was trying to imply that after two accounts of being a known scammer, why would CA let him make another account.
Cant do anything about it. He can change his IP when he wants. All we can do is ban his screen names. This is why we offer to IP check anyone before you make a deal.

That's great, I didn't know you offered IP checks before any transaction. I'm not blaming anyone besides myself, I just wanted people to be aware of this guy, because he also has some amps for sale and his original post with the HDC3's is still open.

OP did the right thing. If the man said it will ship on day X, then he expects tracking number on day X. If the seller for whatever reason cannot ship the item as said, then send a quick PM letting buyer know... Too many scammers in this forum. Everyone has the the right to be concerned if item has not been shipped on the day said.

I think Bobby was trying to imply that after two accounts of being a known scammer, why would CA let him make another account.
Exactly. I wonder how long Whitedragon has known that Coilburner is the same person as the other accounts? You could have a double email verification system where they must have 2 working email accounts to verify their identity. Eventually they would grow tired of making fake yahoo and gmail accounts. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Exactly. I wonder how long Whitedragon has known that Coilburner is the same person as the other accounts? You could have a double email verification system where they must have 2 working email accounts to verify their identity. Eventually they would grow tired of making fake yahoo and gmail accounts. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I have only known since this thread was made. I dont just sit around and do IP checks.

i just bought an mb quart amp from him two weeks ago, finally got around to installing it today, and it's dead //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif what happened to this guy? do we have any recourse??

i just bought an mb quart amp from him two weeks ago, finally got around to installing it today, and it's dead //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif what happened to this guy? do we have any recourse??
Better open a paypal claim. and if you paid as gift or didnt use paypal you're sol.

i just did. thankfully i didnt send as a gift, but i did use my bank account so my CC company wont back me up. he has replied to my claim saying that the amp was tested, but it is definitely NOT working

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

kpetree

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
kpetree
Littleton, Colorado, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies