Bumpin_Blazer Trilogy: Final Destination

Consider it done.
Seeing as how you like to assume I'm a liar to everyone present, I'll be glad to counteract that claim and I know they will also.
Hello,

My name is Marshall, from Visionary Audio obviously.

I've read this thread in its whole and I'm blown away at the accusation placed on josh by the customer.

Please, understand, there is no reason I can fathom that would warrant josh to keep your driver for no reason. Either of us can make a phone call and have a brahma for our own personal use at the snap of a finger for little to no out of pocket expense do to our sponsorship from Adire Audio.....

And since it does not involve sanding....I'm sure the simple recone has been sitting there WAITING ON PARTS....and not just sitting there surrounded by recone kits, just because Josh wants to covet your driver for no reason. This just doesn't make any sense.

Visionary Audio keeps on hand on a good day at LEAST a dozen of every version of Brahma in every size....

Josh (i do recall) doesn't KEEP stock...he gets the cone parts as needed because he just services his customers and occasionally the odd or end Adire customer.

Visionary Audio "for the record" has ALSO been waiting on parts since November as Josh has .... (replenishment for our stock on certain versions)

Reason being ........... Version change and supply and demand... the demand was low...I don't know if it was overlooked or forgotten about, but we have in the past 2 days erradicated the problem and Chris Brunhaver (sales manager at Adire) is making things happen (hopefully).

I have recently sent Josh my last Brahma 15 cone kit (because he contacted me personally trying to help a customer that had been waiting in his opinion TOO LONG) ...which puts me at Zero for my own 15 inch reconing stock in all versions....just to make sure Josh's customer was taken care of. Calling me in memphis and having me double check my parts and arrange a kit for the driver repair needed and then arranging shipment from ME to HIM which is Memphis TN to somewhere in MN...then he has to repair it himself at no charge and test it and send it to his customer ...all at no extra charge......(this in itself shows the man goes out of his way to get things done just to take care of a customer)

So....to reinforce this post....

I stand behind Josh Laine 100%

I do believe he is telling the absolute truth.

Because I've been in the same boat (relatively) since November myself

Thanks for listening.

Visionary Audio

"like sand through the hour glass............ man I hope you guys get things straight. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Understood Marshall,

If Josh did indeed contact you looking for a recone kit, he's acting within his boudaries as an authorized dealer. I'm not saying he didn't take the extra step, 4 months down the road.

This is making me mentally tired, it really is. "Either of us can make a phone call and have a brahma for our own personal use at the snap of a finger for little to no out of pocket expense do to our sponsorship from Adire Audio....."

It's just so.. funny. You can so simply have a Brahma at your disposal, because you're sponsored by Adire. But here we sit on the 5th month, and the customer who shells out 450 dollars for their Brahma is treated like a "pain in the ass". If customer service was really there, I would have had my driver back a long time ago.

So, what you're defending Josh for is my accusation of him stealing the driver for his own personal use. This has been discussed already.

You say you're blown away by my accusation. I'm blown by the ignorance of this. Josh tells me not to come on here and baselessly blast him. Now you come on here, and baselessly defend him. Everything you've said has been discussed already. Why am I not happy? Because we had a piss-poor communication.

I understand if you feel you're in the same boat as Josh, but the supply and demand of recone kits isn't the reason I'm sitting here to even bother responding to this again. Say I did business with you instead. You have a phone number, you have a blaten email address. If I simply called you, Marshall, and you told me what was going on with my driver, I'd be a lot happier than I am now. I was unable to do this, and this is what this messy situation is about.

Josh, I wanted Adire and Visionary on here to possibly play a middle man in the midst of our lovely conversation, not come on here and defend you about nothing.. after we've finished the discussion.

I'm an NOT accusing Adire of ANYTHING. Adire is the ONLY party that has been civil with me. If they didn't have the recone kits to give you, FINE. I call Adire, and they explain what's going on to me, then I'm fine. For some reason, this is so hard to understand..? We talk in mid January, then you pm me in late Febuary saying you're trying to put a mark 2 kit in the driver. Then you disable pm'ing. Now we're here, in mid march. If you consider me reading a pm that you throw up out of nowhere, and believe I'm going to be satisfied with a 2 sentence liner you responded to a month later, laff. Fact is, we haven't talked in 2 months, and for those 2 months (month 3-5) I still wouldn't know what's going on with my driver if you didn't get back on this forum just now. If you think he's justified for calling me a lying, pain in the ass, child.. you'll have to explain why. Is this how you speak of your customers over at Visionary Audio? If I knew Josh, and he asked me to come on here to defend him, I suppose I would have a hard time refusing.. so I can understand your position. Fuel on the fire, however.

Hi eardrumming...

I posted the already discussed stuff because.... well... it was my point of view on the situation...thats does not invalidate the facts or my point of view just because i'm late on the thread , and my defense on the discussion has plenty of base to it .... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

I'm merely posting to put a outsider perspective on it.

( I'm on the outside looking in....remember that)

Yes Josh did wait to get into contact with me .... but....I'm not where he's supposed to get that stuff from....I'm not an outsource to buy recones from... he gets them from Adire.... Adire should have supplied it in a timely manor... He shouldn't have had to call and ask me for my last one. We don't share products this is not a wholesale thing...... he had to "pull strings" to get it so to say.

The fact that we can get a new driver has nothing to do with your subwoofer having a warranty / repair issue...you don't get a new driver....you get yours repaired...thats how it is....if you buy a Toyota and yours has transmission problem they don't give you a new car...they fix it...and you wait for it to be fixed. Its not toyota's problem that you don't have a car to drive in the meantime.

Your communication problems are neither here nor there..... I wasn't there..

So obviously I can't comment on it.

As in my first post...I'm just trying to help...

Very sorry for your frustration...

Hope its solved soon for you.

If I knew Josh, and he asked me to come on here to defend him, I suppose I would have a hard time refusing.. so I can understand your position. Fuel on the fire, however.
Just thought I'd touch on this and I'll be out of everyone's hair. I know Marshall personally and consider him a good friend. I know that if I need him to back me up with anything, he'll be there for me. I do feel, however, that, in this instance, nothing of that sort occurred. He is not "defending" Josh in any way. He is giving valuable input from his point of view of the situation.

I think the reconing problem you're having is a problem that is sometimes inherent to smaller internet companies and is a problem that needs to be taken into consideration before the purchase. If you want a blown driver, due to misuse, to be instantly replaced with a new one, buy from a larger brick and mortar store that has the ability and authorization to provide you with those services.

As a consumer reading this thread I feel fit to give my opinion. Eardrummin shelled out good money for a driver. Regardless of what transpired he should be made aware of every step necessary to get his driver back. A good sales rep or good company will never treat a customer like a pain in the ass, and will never let on that they are gettung tired of hearing from them They will answer all the customers questions in a timely and professional manner. Problems do happen, it's the way you deal with them that will be the determining factor on weather a customer purchases from you again. The way Jlaine became defensive and attacked Eardrummin was completely unprefesional. If he was working for a company that had any sense of self image he would be fired, espescially considering it happened on a board with thousands and thousands of potential customers. This situation really casts a shadow on Adire, regardless if Dan Wiggins or who ever owns the company had anything to do with it.

can anybody tell the huge difference in the way taht Marshall from Visionary Audio and JLaine conduct their business and speak to their customers? The may both be thinking the same thing and want to be defending themselves, but what they say to the customers is completely different. JLaine is probably an honest person and is doing his best to get your product shipped back out to you, but what really made me mad about this thread is the way he was speaking to you. You could sit there and call him all the names you want and since he is a "business man" he isn't supposed to argue back. I'm a freshman in college with 1 general business class under my belt and I already know I could be a better business man than you. I still respect you as a knowledgeable person, but I would never conduct business with you and would never encourage anybody to either. By arguing your case, you are just turning away more customers. You could get your points across with less arguing if you had the power to tell yourself that maybe you aren't always right. Yeah you told him he would be waiting, but maybe you should have kept updating him or atleast responding to him when he asks you without yelling.

Also from the consumer veiwpoint:

I also purchased my Adire gear through Josh (jlaine) and had no issues. He was very polite and professional, even cared enough to discuss my choice of Adire Products in relation to my other equipment, and my overall system goals.

Turns out that a few days later I only recieve 1 of the speakers that I had ordered through him. Naturally knowing the way UPS is at times, I wasn't too worried. I sent a quick e-mail to Josh letting him know the situation. Within an hour tops, I recieved a reply from him saying that both speakers should have shown up and that he would look into it. Turns out that there was a mis-understanding between the order and what was actually shipped out. Josh said he would take care of it. He did just that too. After explaining what had happened, he asked that I contact him when the 2nd driver showed up and to be sure they both worked right away, to be sure. Within the next 2 days I had the other speaker on my doorstep. Wired them up that day- both in excellet working condition.

Contacted Josh to let him know everything was cool, he even went a step further to see if I needed help working out the right enclosure.

That's service and IMHO, the way a company should operate.

Josh, Marshall, Dan Wiggins, and David Hyre, are all easily accessible as well. Be it e-mail, AIM, PM, Phone, or several forums.

On a more personal note:

Yes, Josh is a friend. I've met him, and we have talked at length quite a few times.

H*ll, I've even temporarily broke his car. :p

One thing I can tell you is that when Josh says he will do something, he does. No gray area about it. I've never known this guy to be dishonest, or to do anything half-ass.

As with all things, sometimes the only way to get something done requires time for numerous reasons; weather they be within, or outside of someones control.

Unfortunately, not all people understand this, or easily accept it.

I'm an NOT accusing Adire of ANYTHING. Adire is the ONLY party that has been civil with me. If they didn't have the recone kits to give you, FINE. I call Adire, and they explain what's going on to me, then I'm fine. For some reason, this is so hard to understand..? We talk in mid January, then you pm me in late Febuary saying you're trying to put a mark 2 kit in the driver. Then you disable pm'ing. Now we're here, in mid march. If you consider me reading a pm that you throw up out of nowhere, and believe I'm going to be satisfied with a 2 sentence liner you responded to a month later, laff. Fact is, we haven't talked in 2 months, and for those 2 months (month 3-5) I still wouldn't know what's going on with my driver if you didn't get back on this forum just now. If you think he's justified for calling me a lying, pain in the ass, child.. you'll have to explain why. Is this how you speak of your customers over at Visionary Audio? If I knew Josh, and he asked me to come on here to defend him, I suppose I would have a hard time refusing.. so I can understand your position. Fuel on the fire, however.
You were informed less than a month ago of the situation, and informed less than a month before that the last time you asked... And so on and so forth. Your attempt to say you haven't been updated in over 2 months is bogus.

PM's state otherwise. Even if it had been that long my phone number, e-mail, and address sit on Adire's website right where they always have been.

I'm not going to sit here and allow you to fly off the handle against me without retort, and I couldn't care less how many shocked 'business professionals' pretend they could do better. Defending myself against you when you have twisted the truth to fit your perception of what's happening is far more important to me than a sales slip. I don't conduct business on these forums - nor do I care to - this being the primary reasoning behind it - and quite justifiable since every internet 'master' loves to jump in and pretend they suddenly hold a better grasp of the situation than anyone else present - including those actually involved.

Sorry it took so long for a recone, but fact remains nothing could be done about it - whether or not you like it doesn't change it. Your dwindling patience on the matter is the only thing that's changed here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

I8APONY19

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
I8APONY19
San Diego
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date