built in crossovers

Participant count
  • Participant list

abbas

since i don't have money for a component setup, i'm pretty set on the Sony XS series speakers (6.5") for my Jeep Cherokee. i tested out comparable speakers by Eclipse, RF and Alpine and even Pioneer, etc, using Nick Drake and Slayer. Sony's 1631/2 mid-range was clearer, more defined, so you got a little extra punch from the snare and bite of the wailing solos, all the way to the richness and clarity of Drake's voice and guitar. Good for front where I spend most of my time. 1620's had a nicer bass, was gonna put those in rear to fill it out.

i've looked around and found about the same prices for last year's models, the 1631 and 1621 (both 3-way) as well as this year's, the 1632 (3-way) and 1620 (2-way). speakers seem to be the same, w/minor RMS power differences. i also found the 1635m - seem to be higher priced everywhere, but no noteworthy differences, and the 1655g (both 3-way), which i can't find any specs on anywhere, but there is a new 3-way model coming out, XS-HD160G, with built in 2-way crossover, so i'm guessing the 1655g is the precursor. how much better are speakers with built in crossovers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.