built a box yesterday

tonyroc14
10+ year member

V8 FTW!
here are pictures of my shittastic box. Idk what the cubic feet are but it's 16X15 all the way around...

540i107.jpg

540i106.jpg

Notice: I am not a drunk, one handed midget, I just didn't have proper tools

your big toe is more fuced u than yur box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
thats why i wear shoes, not sandles.

I think its a decent box for two 16 year olds hyped up on monster with a bunch of power tools and a couple of saw horses. I wanted to use MDF but ****ing home depot was out....so my friend had a sheet of 3/4 ply, and i figured since the box isn't that big it wouldn't flex.

mdf is more dense so it reflects sound waves better. Right? But i asked around and the only reason they wanted to use mdf was for flexing. Idk, it works, it doesn't look all that shity, and it was FREE!

well. idc, lol. I got everything for this thing for practicly free, the hu and amps came with the car, the sub was 20 bucks, and the box was free most thing i payed for was the wireing kit for 45 bucks. lol

wait till you actualy purchase quality equipment one day.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if u get that far in caraudio.
im addicted. I cant wait to get a new HU, and AMPs. And then i want to run new components, and get it all sweet. I dont really want to do like fiberglass pods cuz i want to keep it stealthy. But i think sound dampening may be in order, my trunk is noisey as ****...

For your first box it looks just fine man, I remember my first one was pretty bad but that was many years ago now.

As for plywood yes it will flex more than the mdf and cause unwanted resonation if you have a decent amp and sub to make it flex, but in a sealed box like that you`ll be fine. Also plywood is not as dense and actually soaks up some of the waves.

Next thing to do is tell us what vehicle its in and what equipment you have and maybe we can help you design a box that will give you greater output:D

Anyway props on your first sub box!

Garett

ok. It's pretty shitty set up tho. HU: JVC 201, AMPs: Sony Xplod 700.5 and Sony xplod 760.2, SUB: Kicker CVR 12" 2ohm. SOUND STAGE: Pioneer Type G

Car: 1994 BMW 540i. This thing is ****ing sweet....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tonyroc14

10+ year member
V8 FTW!
tonyroc14
lahabra ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date