Building Fiberglass enclosure

Participant count
  • Participant list

Atvnut2065
10+ year member

Hey, I've really been looking into building a fiberglass enclosure...sounds good, looks good. Anyway I found a site http://www.fibreglast.com that has all the supplies and stuff but how do I know which ones to buy for a trunk sub enclosure. Also if I am building a fiberglass enclosure for 2 12's what would that be called?

Vinyl Ester/Fiberglass

Polyester/Fiberglass

Epoxy Fiberglass

Please help me out.

Thanks,

Atvnut2065

First you build the enclosure out of MDF, then fiberglass

can be applied to create curved shapes that can be sanded smooth.

You will need fiberglass cloth/mat, resin, hardener, paint brushes, handheld grinder/sander, polyester mold fabric to make shapes, and a respirator. It's not as easy as it seems.

Alright I know I have to make a mold out of MDF first so I do that and then I cover it with fleece and glue and staple it down. After which I proceed to do what??....Also on the web site http://www.fibreglast.com can any one tell me exactly what I Need to buy with names and thicknesses and quantitys.

Thanks,

Anthony:D

Hey I Just wanted to know if this roll of what I believe is veil cloth will help. I bought it off ebay really cheap for 500ft of it. Let me know what this stuff is and if I can use it to make an enclosure. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif :confused: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

untitled.bmp

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    0 bytes · Views: 110
You lay the fiberglass mat on the enclosure, then mix the resin with a I little bit of the hardener. Take a paint brush and paint the resin onto the fiberglass mat, wait for it to dry, continue doing this untill you get it thick enough. Then sand it smooth. I'm sure you could use vail cloth or other matirials but they won't be as strong as fiberglass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.