Building box, no idea where to start with plans.

Participant count
  • Participant list

reclessantics
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SC
i have used the provided box shindig on excel, and re audio box calculator. i have no idea.

10 net cubes. 2 MA MJ 18m's. subs forward, port up. 12-16^2 port area per ft^3. tuned to 30hz.

where should i start?

(i need to just go straight back to the beginning of planning)

are all my specs semi right at least?

The EXCEL based box calculator that was posted up will give you pretty much everything you need, cut sizes and all.....

The best way to start is take the numbers, cut it out, build it and try it..... That's exactly how most of us got started.... enter the 10 cubes for the net size, i'm guessing .48 will be close for the sub displacement, enter the tuning frequency and enter the first two dimensions you need for your box.......... then run to the custom slot port tab and follow the cut outs..... glue, screw and build the box by the best practices and give it a try.... it's the only way I know of to find out for yourself unless you have someone else design and build the box for you.....

word lol sounds good.

i was just double checking the measurements with the RE box calculator.

and 12volt.com calcs.

they don't match, but im sure thats normal lol

so im going to go with yours. its the **** lol ive been playin with it for a few days now. ill just wing it and see what happenes

I've never seen ANY box calculations match from anything.... seen them close but never match..... none of theirs will match mine anyway because mine is taking in account the displacements of the woofer(s) and the port, I don't believe any of them do that, they expect you to do that yourself usually....

yea i dig it, great job.

ok how would i change the port location? i would like to put it center on the back wall of the box, (subs forward, port up)

ok okok so 16^2in port area, per ^3ft. soo in the middle, back wall, 8x20 slot, 26.84" long? does that sound right? to be tuned to 30 hz

10 cubes net. w*d*H (60)(20)(23) = 13.53^3ft (box)(gross)

The only way the port can go in the center of the box is if the box itself is deep enough to fit the entire length of the port or to bend the port back on itself once or twice to fit the entire length.... Either one is talking a complete redesign of the enclosure or at least one unusually shaped box.....

Now if you don't mind the port being off to one side and still up just rotate the orientation of the box and mount the subs accordingly..... but centering the port isn't simple, not that its impossible it entirely is just not simple to do, unless the box is deep enough to fit the length straight into the box like one would do with a round/square port.....

yeah its, just i want the subs, each directly behind a seat (driver, and passenger) but if the port is to one side, on sub will be wayy more centered. if they were up facing, then it wouldn't be a problem.

but up facing i was told wasn't that great sounding. is there a way i can make the port not as wide, but longer?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.