Building an enclosure , but not for a speaker...

no pics yet , but it is more than halfway put together. just got a question. im planning on grouting some tiles in there but im worried about them not sticking to the melamine since its so slick. i understand i could rough it up with some 60grit or seomthing , but i dunno.

reason being , the only way i can get it to where it has to go i have to put it on its side, 90* and i dont want the tiles to come crashing down. ill be using 6" x 6" tiles so they wont be all that heavy.

input?

Thought I'd photoshop one of your photos in honor of your project:

TB006-1.jpg

Lizard.jpg

he's grown alot since that last pic. ill get some more after he sheds if any one would like...

input on the tiles? could i use liquid nails to stick them down after i rough up the melamine then grout between them?

i ran out of liquid nails so ill have to finish the tile tomorrow and grout another day. pics-

NewCage001.jpg

NewCage002.jpg

NewCage003.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

just thought id throw this one in there too...

Cokebottle001.jpg

creep mode , son.

didnt need to bump an old thead but i felt i had to post new pictures since i just remembered about this thread.

Buddha003.jpg

new009.jpg

(those wre the girlfriends hands)

April18001.jpg

April25001.jpg

new016.jpg

new019.jpg

shes 270 grams and 17 inches now.

ill get more pictuers of the cage when i remember....

that is a **** cool looking lizard. i would try and make some nicer looking lights to go in there, but it looks badass.
thanks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i may do that later , but for now it works how it is. it was a pita to get the temps right in there so i think it might stay like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.