Building an enclosure , but not for a speaker...

around when i first got him in early feb..

BD007.jpg

BD008.jpg

not too long ago...

TB011.jpg

TB006-1.jpg

TB008.jpg

most recent...

1001.jpg

1003.jpg

1004.jpg

1009.jpg

my favorite pic...

1002.jpg

i see at least u have the gritty paper down mine never made it long enuff to get that big i made a mistake of putting it in sand to soon and if there to small eating **** off the ground picks up granuls of sand and it will kill them. u have a heat lamp and a ceramic heater deal im sure. it sure grew in the last few months. i payed 70 bucks for mine at pet smart in oct of 07 died just b4 christmas.

i see at least u have the gritty paper down mine never made it long enuff to get that big i made a mistake of putting it in sand to soon and if there to small eating **** off the ground picks up granuls of sand and it will kill them. u have a heat lamp and a ceramic heater deal im sure. it sure grew in the last few months. i payed 70 bucks for mine at pet smart in oct of 07 died just b4 christmas.

its actually textured tiles. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif much safer and easier to clean than sand or any of that other loose crap. i havnt taken him to the vet yet to get him checked up but im sure he is very healthy. when i first got him he was under 15grams and 6" , now hes 60g and 11".

Is the only place you're putting the adhesive on the front trim pieces and the track? I'd definately use liquid nails. I've never had a bearded dragon but that one's beautiful.

Is the only place you're putting the adhesive on the front trim pieces and the track? I'd definately use liquid nails. I've never had a bearded dragon but that one's beautiful.

i was going to use it where ever there will be two pieces of wood screwed together...like i was building a box for a speaker. then some non-toxic caulk on the inside edges in case there is a spill or messy **** in there. and believe me , thier **** does get messy , and it smells ****ing terrible. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

its for my bearded dragon , lol. have a quick question. ill be using melamine and was wondering what would be a good adheasive? ill be making the one off this site - http://www.freewebs.com/crossfireenclosures/ and they mention liquid nails. would titebond be better? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
couple pictures for those who want to see him...

TB006-1.jpg

1002.jpg

1009.jpg
For cabinetry that is built with melamine, there is a glue for this called Roo Glue:

http://www.rooglue.com/

Been using this glue for years when any cabinetry project involved using melamine as the cabinet parts and the bond is very strong when fully cured/dried.

Phil

Woodlawn Cabinetry

i was going to use it where ever there will be two pieces of wood screwed together...like i was building a box for a speaker. then some non-toxic caulk on the inside edges in case there is a spill or messy **** in there. and believe me , thier **** does get messy , and it smells ****ing terrible. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
You don't need to glue the wood together but it certainly won't hurt anything. Definately silicone good because melamine rots and cracks pretty quick when the exposed particle board gets wet. I hear you about the shit being messy and stinking, have you ever had to clean up shit from a 150 pound python?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif That should be a nice enclosure when you get it built.

i know i dont NEED to glue the edges , buutt i want it to last for as long as possible. the guy in the link used nails , ill use screws.

i just went ahead and picked up some liquid nails 'project' type aheasive and ill go with that. i didnt find any caulk that was non-toxic at HD. i still have to go back to pick up the single standard base fixture (i think thats all i didnt get today..) so ill check again.

i hear ya on the snake poo, that **** stinks. but holy ****, for being so small , the stench that comes from this guys **** will make you gag.

i know i dont NEED to glue the edges , buutt i want it to last for as long as possible. the guy in the link used nails , ill use screws.
i just went ahead and picked up some liquid nails 'project' type aheasive and ill go with that. i didnt find any caulk that was non-toxic at HD. i still have to go back to pick up the single standard base fixture (i think thats all i didnt get today..) so ill check again.

i hear ya on the snake poo, that **** stinks. but holy ****, for being so small , the stench that comes from this guys **** will make you gag.
I didn't notice the first time that they used finish nails to build the one in the link. They should have definately used adhesive on it. I use kitchen and bath 100% silicone on enclosures. As long as you let it dry out several days it's fine and it seals better than any caulk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.