• Participant list

avs20
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Frisco, TX
As some of you know..Ive been having problems with my newly built system :

My pos system problems

My pos system pics

So anyways, Im gonna ditch the 10's because they just arent loud enough for me, even in my ported box. So I was thinking of going with a system Ive been thinking of for a while, 2 12" XXX's. Now, I have the entire rear of the cab to work with..which is quite a bit of room. I dont want to build a wall, but I dont mind a big box, or a couple of them. Some rough dimensions I took are 60" wide, 30" tall, and 22" deep. This will cover the majority of the backseat area. I dont want a tiny box back there, because it would look out of place. What do you guys recommend?

The 2 XXX's will be powered by 2 PG tantrum 1200.1's.

Btw, this system will be about 75% spl and 25% SQ. If you have any other subs youd like to recommend, please do!

I thought the XXX's were geared more towards SPL than the SX's?
The XXX subwoofers are based on the Adire Audio XBL^2 topology - with a very flat BL vs excursion curve, the subs can play very loudly with lower distortion than most of the competition. If you're going for pure SPL, there are probably other subs you should look at.

I know about the mt's. I'd like to run them, but I dont know if I want to spend 800+ on subs..
You dont want to run a pair of MT's daily anyway.

You sounded like you were building a street beater to upgrade your old system, but the 75/25 SPL/SQ thing doesn't really follow the typical street system mentality. You really need to define better what you want here. IMHO for a daily system, you will get tired of a 75/25 system pretty quickly.

Well..let's say 60/40 SPL/SQ. I listened to a friend SQ system, and I know I dont want that much SQ. Im a bass head more than an SQ guy.

As for the JBL's Im going to sell them, maybe locally so the ported boxes can go with them...or there's always ebay:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.