Building a completely new system for $3000.00

alpine is great but you can get much more for your money buying internet brands.

theres no middle man involved with the internet brands, so it keeps the cost down a lot

iirc, Fi is owned by the former top engineer of RE http://www.reaudio.com, which is one of the top subwoofer companies period

but yah, do some searching around, Fi and SunDown are awesome companies.. youll see //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

I'll definitely be reading up for the next month or so. I really love subs that hit drums hard, so I hope the Fi Q delivers in that department.

What about installation, do you guys generally find it difficult to get the parts installed (without doing it yourself, i did my first car myself and it was fine, but I just don't have the time anymore nor do I want to take apart my brand new car).

I imagine most dealers would like you to buy the stuff from them but I plan on getting all myself and having them install it along with some other modifications. Do most have any guaruntee that they wont screw things up?

i run that setup pretty much. fi q, 100.4 sundown 2x sundown 1000D's CDT 3 ways and a nice pioneer 880 prs... couldnt be happier.... i would buy the oz180cs's over the cdt speakers, but everything he recommended is superb..... u wont be disappointed

for the music you listen to i would go with a pair of polk momo subs in a sealed box. i know they dont look as good on paper as the type x's but ive heard both in person. i have owned the momos and a friend of mine has type x's and from a sound quality perspective momo's win hands down, especially for your type of listening. however, they'll do any job you give them with no whining(like distortion) and can actually handle a bit more power than polk says, i guess theyre just modest. the only reason i dont have them anymore is because i wrecked my car and they were destroyed. just fyi, i also have polk momo 6.5" comp sets and momo 6x9's and they are the best sounding speakers ive ever owned.

can i recommend that you invest your money in a better battery & rcas, wires etc.. like that, then go from there. if your 3000 includes your big 3 then your potions go down abit. start with the big 3 first and head from there.

Well I definitely want to do everything right, and it looks like the prices on some of these might be found cheaper, so I will add a battery and wires and a professional installation to the overall cost (even if it goes a tad over 3k). I'm hearing a lot of great things about these items and I am officially swayed from Alpine.

I still have to research them all individually, a couple of people are suggesting Rd Audio for the sub so I'll have to look at comparisons (though i like the fiQ better so far)

Is the sundown 100.4 necessary for those speakers? I have read that the 100.2 should be enough for them.

Also can that headunit play dvds while the car is in motion?

I own a Hyundai Tiburon SE (The one that comes without the infinity sound system) and I am looking to completely replace the sound system. Its been a while since the last one I built, and I was hoping you could help me decide on which parts to buy. I am a big fan of Alpine, so my first impression was to go with everything from them. This includes:
Subwoofer - Alpine 12" Type X (~500)

Sub Amplifier PDX 1.1000 (~850)

Sub Enclosure ?

Speakers - Type R (6 1/2 or 5 1/4) (~280)

Speaker Amplifier PDX 4.150 (~750)

Head Unit IVA D130 (~1400)

This roughly comes out to 3780 but thats going by alpines msrp prices which are usually much higher than what you can find online.

I have a couple concerns though, Crutchfield says the 6 1/2 speakers dont fit on my car, even though I've measure the outside circumference and it looks like they are 6 1/2 speakers factory installed.

Another question I had was about the sub, I am really looking for a sub that accentuates drum beats more than anything else. I listen to alot of punk rock kind music, not really any rap.

So if anyone could suggest anything or critique my build based on what I've said, I would love to hear it, or if there are any parts that could be replaced with better products. Thanks alot

why do you want alpine everything? IMO their signal processing and PDX amps are the only things i would get out of everything you listed.

Well I definitely want to do everything right, and it looks like the prices on some of these might be found cheaper, so I will add a battery and wires and a professional installation to the overall cost (even if it goes a tad over 3k). I'm hearing a lot of great things about these items and I am officially swayed from Alpine.
I still have to research them all individually, a couple of people are suggesting Rd Audio for the sub so I'll have to look at comparisons (though i like the fiQ better so far)

Is the sundown 100.4 necessary for those speakers? I have read that the 100.2 should be enough for them.

Also can that headunit play dvds while the car is in motion?

RD Audio makes some excellent woofers. The alpha is a nice SQL sub. If you are looking for higher SQ, the Fi.Q is the way to go, if you are looking to get louder and sound decent, I recommend the Alpha.

As for the 100.4 vs 100.2, the 100.2 will push them just fine, but the 100.4 will allow you to run active crossover. If done correctly, this usually offers better imaging and overall SQ.

kinetiks. Optima G31's although they are hard to come by, and odessy batts are nice too. Depends on how much u wanna spend on them.

I've done a little research and alot of people are confirming that this setup will be pretty amazing. However one critique I heard was that although the Oz speakers are quality, they recently released a newer version called

the Matrix Elite 180CS 6.50-inch Component Speakers http://www.ozaudio.com/pages/180CS.html

Should I consider these instead of the original ones listed?

Edit: Actually I think these are the same as the ones originally mentioned? Maybe whoever I was talking to was confused?

kinetiks. Optima G31's although they are hard to come by, and odessy batts are nice too. Depends on how much u wanna spend on them.
It goes Kinetik, then Odessy, followed in a distant 3rd by the Optima G31. Ive yet to use my new Kinetiks, but accoring to their specs Odessy is the only batt that even comes close.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.