Buildhouse Question

I know this not alibaba but, Ampere audio left Tantric for a JLD audio for the subs which is in China.
There are a lot of companies that go through JLD... I'm working with them right now on a few ideas as well. I know at least 5 other top brands that use them.

My answer is yes. But hear me out. My conspiracy theory is that he owed so much money to that pissed off Chinese Kevin magnet supplier that he agreed to do a massive production run with pissed off Chinese Kevin's cousin, who runs the buildhouse, in an effort to pay him off by allowing pissed off Chinese Kevin to have 75% of all sales. Thilo is still broke?
Magnet Vendor + Buildhouse + LMS - Thilo = profit?
It just doesn't jive that China can produce this sort of thing for that price. Consider just the cost of frames and softparts. Motor aside if you could get those LA type frames, cones, spider pack + spacers + coil + terminals loose for 35$ you'd double your money just selling them as parts. If such a sub can be had for 35$ how come comparable Chinese made woofers without even the 10" spider or exotic frame MSRP for 200$ a pop? I'm very confident that things like Sundown SA series, Soundqubed HDS3 and similar aren't more than 25% profit margin.

It just doesn't jive that China can produce this sort of thing for that price. Consider just the cost of frames and softparts. Motor aside if you could get those LA type frames, cones, spider pack + spacers + coil + terminals loose for 35$ you'd double your money just selling them as parts. If such a sub can be had for 35$ how come comparable Chinese made woofers without even the 10" spider or exotic frame MSRP for 200$ a pop? I'm very confident that things like Sundown SA series, Soundqubed HDS3 and similar aren't more than 25% profit margin.
Again, I hear ya. I'm just having fun with you. I don't see how it's possible, either.

I've personally been to that factory -- the pricing is not correct but they can build those items / have built those items.
You lucky dawg, of course you have. What gives on the pricing, then?
As an aside, I'm really impressed with that massive underhung driver you've been developing, it's gorgeous. Very impressed overall with how far you've come with your products. I can see you going ultra-sound quality one fine day. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You lucky dawg, of course you have. What gives on the pricing, then?
As an aside, I'm really impressed with that massive underhung driver you've been developing, it's gorgeous. Very impressed overall with how far you've come with your products. I can see you going ultra-sound quality one fine day. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I'm guessing while entering the zillion items they have on their Alibaba page they messed up and/or never intended to list the real price -- perhaps to get people to email them.

PS : Thanks =)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.