Build for a friend

Participant count
  • Participant list

T.I.K.
10+ year member

F*ck it, we'll do it live
Michigan
My friend want's to get a couple tens in his silverado, so I was thinking two FI X's, off of a 500w RF Prime amp.

I like the Fi's cuz they only need like 1ft^3 for ported airspace, so it won't be hard getting that box under the seat, and with enough recess that when people ride back there the surround and the cone isn't always getting kicked/messed up.

sound good for under 400 dollars?

i realize it's Fi and all but tbh i think you could do a bit better on that budget. also, what's he looking for? spl or sq?

you may also want to look into getting a pair of 8's, such as the SA's

i realize it's Fi and all but tbh i think you could do a bit better on that budget. also, what's he looking for? spl or sq?
you may also want to look into getting a pair of 8's, such as the SA's
He doesn't know what clean bass sounds like, so we'll just say SPL, but since I'm making the box I'll probably tune it to 30-35hz, so let's just say SQL

I'd really like to keep it all >500 all included. He can probably get a Knu 8guage wire kit for $40 shipped, and MDF is $30 a sheet, and the carpet is $18, so unless you can show me proof that the SAs are going to be with the extra 80-100 dollars. He'll probably get addicted to audio and spend over 1k on his next build, I'm just trying to get him started.

woofercooker sells the SA's on here for $85, but i think his prices went up to like $100 each.
$49.99: 4 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit

MDF, carpetting, glue, screws ~$65

$135 (after using promo code VMSAVE10): Audiopipe AP15001D 1500W Mono D Amplifier : $152.95 : VMInnovations.com

so far that's ~250, assuming you can get the 8's for $100 each that leaves you with a total of $450
Not baaaaaaaad, how much for SA 10s?

trying to keep maximum cone area, I may even try to talk him into 4 10s and spending ~$300 extra for upgraded electrical

Not baaaaaaaad, how much for SA 10s?
trying to keep maximum cone area, I may even try to talk him into 4 10s and spending ~$300 extra for upgraded electrical
if you build a proper box using a good design those 8's will get loud.

you can get cheap SA-8's from woofercooker cause he recones the ones that didnt pass QC. he doesn't do any others, tho, so you would have to pay the retail for the SA-10's (which are not that cheap, they cost nearly $200 each)

oh, good stuff, I'll talk to my friend, and try to sell him on that.

oh, and what is the coil config and the sub's RMS?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.