Build a tri-box- any advice?-->

d audio 450
10+ year member

I wanna put together a sealed box to hold 3 10" MTX 6000's

i want to make each sub independently sealed as well...

does anyone have any suggestions as to how i should build it, what out of, volume ect

i somehow plan to incorporate plexiglass as well for lighting...

any advice, info, or comments would be greatly appreciated

thanks a ton

-Pat

just build each chamber within the subs specs....you need wood glue, drywall screws, silicon, and 3/4" mdf (you should be able to only use 1 sheet, but you might need 2....its cheap as hell anyways like 15-20$/sheet). a screwgun /drill with phillips bit, circular hand saw or tale saw/radial arm.....and you got a setup to build ia great enclosure.

sweet- thanks a ton

anyone have any recommendations for what to use for dampening? i know there are alot of products specificlly manufactured for audio applications...but are there any that are notice-ably better or different?

thanks alot

-pat

I would not use wood glue. Wood glue is great for hard wood wich has pores and grain to bond each piece. I would use liquid nails, Or cheaper route is using sub floor adhesive. (same as liquid nails.) The liqiuid nails when dry makes a nice bond between the pieces. Subfloor adhesive is by nature ment to expand and contract and still keep hold. The intense pressure in your enclosure will hammer that wood glue hard. A large tube of sub floor adhesive is cheap enough, 2.38 at lowes for a 16" tube. Hope I could help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.