build a new box for 2 18 treo ssx

Participant count
  • Participant list

Treo Fan

tn
i have a 2003 chevy tahoe.i am wanting to build a new box for my 18s.here is link of my old setup go on treos website

in installs it is in the radioactive section mine is the tahoe.right now subs are facing rear as well as ports.i was thinking of doing subs up with a 200 sq in port.tuned to around 35 hz.facing back i am wanting to do 150's on music.any suggestions will be appreciated.

150 usaci style is not an accomplishment.
Why would you say that? 150 of any kind at the dash is an accomplishment. Kicks, headrest, etc doesn't count to me.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Why would you say that? 150 of any kind at the dash is an accomplishment. Kicks, headrest, etc doesn't count to me.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
usaci is in the kick. db drag is on the dash. the only score that counts to me is dash also.

i am just saying doing a 150 usaci style with 2 18's will not be hard to do

i am at 147 db right now on the new term lab on the dash sealed up.i am wanting to get in the 150's if possible.i was thinking of trying a new box design

maybe subs up and a 200 sq inch port back.i see a lot of suv with this design.any help will be appreciated.pics of my old box can be found on treos website under installs by radio active.

usaci is in the kick. db drag is on the dash. the only score that counts to me is dash also.
i am just saying doing a 150 usaci style with 2 18's will not be hard to do
OK I got cha, lol. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i am at 147 db right now on the new term lab on the dash sealed up.i am wanting to get in the 150's if possible.i was thinking of trying a new box designmaybe subs up and a 200 sq inch port back.i see a lot of suv with this design.any help will be appreciated.pics of my old box can be found on treos website under installs by radio active.
you wont be able to go from a daily driver box to another daily driver box and gain 3 db's just wont happen. if you did a spl box, and that is not necessarily subs up port back you could do 150. but that will take a good system design. i am doing a system right now in a tahoe. 4 15's facing up with 6'' aeros facing back. 150's legal would be hard and unlikely for it.

Who built your box(s) for you? It just seems like with that kind of power and subs, in the right box you should be at 150. I have 1 18" RL-p, 1200rms, and I'm at 149.0 at the dash with a new TL.

local shop.i have been told it does not have enough port.i am wanting to build a box my self but never built one.so worried about ruining my system.treo told me to build a box that is 12 cubic ft internal

after bracing port and sub displacement.with a 200 sq inch port tuned to 35 hz.subs up port back.i really want to try this triying to get some one to draw me a sketch to follow so i can.i know i want the box 48 inches wide.and 26 inches deep and 22 to 24 inches tall.somethin like as long as it is 48 inches wide.may be you can draw me a sketch with measurments or know someone who will.i would appreciate it.the place where i built this box said if i do subs up i will lose low end bass is this true.eveyone says sub up port back in suv.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.