Budgeting Subs vs Speakers

Comp set up front decent 2channel or 4channel if you wanna go active. Forget about ur rears. A single 10 in a ported box with a good 500+ should get you what u want and going that route gives you alot of choices on brands that fit under ur budget and want take up ur entire trunk.

For speakers you're on your own deciding what to get, there is a never ending amount of speaker choices

But def component up front with coax in rear (you won't even notice the coax it's just for rear fill, rear components is dumb imo)

Also, if you plan on running a speaker amp you will need a separate wiring kit for the second amp (one power cable and set of RCAs for the sub amp and another cable and set of RCA for the speaker amp)

Unless, like already suggested you do a 5 channel setup. That would require only one wiring kit (one amp for 4 speakers and 1 sub)

I have personally never used a 5 channel I always run my sub separate but if you end up going low power route (we discussed 1000rms+) that would be the easiest way for u

I personally would find your speakers, install them and run them off headunit power for awhile then focus on getting a good sub stage, then work on a 4 channel amp for your speakers

Well... depending on what your friend has for those two 12s and what amps are giving him 800 watts, and if they're in a prefab sealed or ported, or a custom box... I would be a pair of these Dcons, in a custom-built-to-spec ported enclosure, would sound terrific off of the amp I recommended.

DCON-10 D4

That's just a place to start, if you wanna take the path of the 5ch amp. Now since you're buying used, you have a bit more options in the price point.

So I guess now, knowing what your buddy had, and knowing you're wanting to go used, do you want more or less than 1000w on the sub stage? If your buddy had two kickers in a prefab off a crappy amp, it wouldn't be too hard to sound better than him off half as much power.

Your a little slow on checking the classifieds I might sell 2 of my Type R 12inch subs this weekend, I live in St. Paul too (well Roseville) and they're brand new going cheap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.