Budget sub.

To get an idea what im going for loudness wise. My neighbor has 2 kicker comp 12s in two separate cylinder shaped boxes. He said he has a thousand watt amp. Id like to have somethin comparable to his. His isn't really that impressive. I would think it would be a ton more louder, but its just not. I hear more of his **** rattling than I do his bass.

Is it the black ones? If it is. Trust me when I say that a pair cannot handle 1000 watts. But i've heard them before. You can get the same output with all lower brands previously named like mtx(thunder series), memphis(Street edge, power reference), alpine(Type E, type s). Whichever one looks good to you.

10's will get as low as 12's. It depends on the box, what size and tuning mostly. My friend has a sdc2.5 in a ported box. Tuned to 40 I believe. It gets plenty loud and low. Sounds really nice. He also had Memphis PR 10s and RF P1 10s. Both set ups sounded nice.

Oh that friend is me! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif The box that holds my Audioque SDC2.5 (DVC 4ohm 600w rms) is actually tuned to...hmm actually I'm not sure...I bought it prefab...but it's got 1.6 cu ft of volume I believe and it's actually a pretty skinny port but it gets pretty loud - just not outside the car though, the most you hear is a little bit of rattling and stuff, but it doesn't shake the earth (yet) unfortunately...I've got it running on an Alpine MRP-M500 amp (500w x 1 rms @ 2 ohms). But it sounds pretty good, I must admit, I know it could be so much louder if I built my own box but I just don't have the time to do it. All right...so for some advice, I would go with basically what everyone else has said and get one/some Alpine Type Rs, Rockford Fosgate P1s, or if you are willing to pay a LITTLE bit extra to get a bigger bang for your buck, I would honestly just go ahead and get an Audioque SDC2.5 D4 10". They're $129 on their website but if you look around the forums here, there's a good chance that someone is probably selling one.

Chris, you would go with two SDC2 10's? Or just one. Im kinda interested in being a little different from everyone around here. Dont see too many people with 10's it seems like. If I can get low with 10(s) I wouldn't have any probs going that route.

Hmm...well if you get two, obviously it will cost twice as much as one and you'll have to spend more on materials if you're building a box probably, but if you do decide to go that route, yeah I would get two, and I would build my own box and maybe tune it to 36 hz. Two of those with a really good ported box and a decent amp would POUND and sound really good too.

I like Kicker for some budget stuff. I really like the older KX amps if you can find a good one, as when I have they were cheap (and good); however if you can find a good Type R, I would go that route if you could get a bit of real power to it. I put one 10 (type R) in my daughters car with 320 watts and it will defiantly do the job. The type R's also seem to hold up well as long as you are not trying to feed them 1500w. If you do not like buying used you could go with a HIFONICS HFi100.2 (fairly cheap and an ok amp) and maybe a Kicker CVR (you could even do a Kicker comp with a prefab real cheap).

well I havent been messing with the car much. Some crap came up that ****** me dry of all my funds. I did manage to get a 12'' sony xplod 1200w sub...and one Kicker C12 for free from a buddy who was moving. I am assuming the Kicker is the better of the two? I might just craigslist the sony. whichever one I do keep I am going to build my own box for it with the help of a good friend who is good with working with wood. Will this old thing even be worth the hassle lol?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.