Budget Speakers

Chllngr

AR
Hey guys wanting to replace the factory 6.5"s upfront. My Goal is to get a pair and amp for no more than $400, $300 would be better. I have no knowledge about speakers tbh but here is what I've found, please feel free to suggest anything...

(1) Rockford T1650

(2) Polk Audio DB650

(3)Hertz ECX 165.5

(4)Alpine SPR-60

What you listed are all downgrades for bass and midbass. Do you have the dash speakers or are those spots empty?
I had no idea, can you explain? I will have to check in the morning to be sure, I just know for sure the spots exist.

The bass isn't too terrible from the stocks but the overall volume and quality is very low.

Ppi 900.4 run using bandpass xovers

Silver flute mids

Vifa tweeters

Seas

Scanspeak

Tang band

They all make nice sounding drivers

The vifa and flutes are an Easy two way that will sound great.

I had no idea, can you explain? I will have to check in the morning to be sure, I just know for sure the spots exist. The bass isn't too terrible from the stocks but the overall volume and quality is very low.
Add an amp and a dsp or replace the head unit with something that actually doesnt sound like dog-sh*t aka stock head units, replace the dash only. The stock doors should pump out decent midbass and sound good when tuned right.

Stock speakers are not the main offenders of low volume and sound quality, its all the head unit. The stock h/u pumps out a whoppin 3-5 watts of power to each speaker. When the head unit internal amp os overstressed, it starts distorting the speakers along with not driving them to good enough volumes.

Right off the bat, the stock head unit is also poorly made for audio, its mainly built for features and to be as cheap as possible so car manufucturers have as little overhead as possible. Poor internal components (digital audio convertors) which makes for junk SQ even before it gets to the speakers.

Add an amp and a dsp or replace the head unit with something that actually doesnt sound like dog-sh*t aka stock head units, replace the dash only. The stock doors should pump out decent midbass and sound good when tuned right.
Stock speakers are not the main offenders of low volume and sound quality, its all the head unit. The stock h/u pumps out a whoppin 3-5 watts of power to each speaker. When the head unit internal amp os overstressed, it starts distorting the speakers along with not driving them to good enough volumes.

Right off the bat, the stock head unit is also poorly made for audio, its mainly built for features and to be as cheap as possible so car manufucturers have as little overhead as possible. Poor internal components (digital audio convertors) which makes for junk SQ even before it gets to the speakers.
I mean... To be fair Ed Rice was using a stock stereo when he won nationals with budget ppi gear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.