Budget head unit/Atoto

Participant count
  • Participant list
I bought an atoto F7 10" one for my civic build. I couldn't get enough voltage out of the outputs. Max gains on amp still under RMS on the amp. I had to put an LC2i pro as a line driver on the sub side just to get rca voltage.

I gave the HU to my buddy for his truck and went a different direction. Maybe I had a bad one, couldn't tell you. I thought the screen was nice and the software is pretty good though.

I bought an atoto F7 10" one for my civic build. I couldn't get enough voltage out of the outputs. Max gains on amp still under RMS on the amp. I had to put an LC2i pro as a line driver on the sub side just to get rca voltage.

I gave the HU to my buddy for his truck and went a different direction. Maybe I had a bad one, couldn't tell you. I thought the screen was nice and the software is pretty good though.
I noticed it only has a single sub output. I have a DSP so I wont be using it anyway. I am worried about the rca outputs not really being the 3 volts they claim.

Been doing testing all day and setting up gains and playing with crossovers through the DSP. This cheap head unit isn’t too bad at all. Touch screen isn’t super responsive, but it’s not so laggy that it’s irritating like some of the cheaper head units. Android auto works great. Screen has a crisp clear picture, navigation works well. I checked the RCA preout voltage, and it does make it to 3 volts if you crank it all the way to max volume at 50. I decided on 37 being my max volume and I only get 1.4 volts from the head unit RCAs at that volume. I am not using the single subwoofer out it has. I have a gain function on the DSP that will bring the rcas up to 3 volts but it won’t ever go past the max voltage that the head unit puts out no matter how far I turn the gain up in the DSP, so I’m stuck at no more than 3 volts. I’m not sure that jacking up the gain on the DSP isn’t really the same thing as just jacking up the head unit volume into clipping anyway. Amp gains are set higher than they were with the Sony installed by quite a lot. Not a bad unit for 169$ really. I’d say it’s worth the money If it doesn’t burn up in 6 months.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...