Q Factor

Participant count
  • Participant list
My ddx has 1.35/1.50/2.00... i leave mine on 2.00...makes everything louder,(not that i need it lol), with my clarion eq.and with using the clarion eq,i have to turn all eq settings on the hu to zero.

Last edited:
It affects the eq. I believe a high q factor gives the eq bandwidth you're adjusting a higher slope. So if you adjust 500hz it would assist 475-525, not 450 to 550 (just an example, no idea how much range it actually adjusts with different Q's.

Last edited:
I have noticed I have a "Q" factor setting when I go through my head unit's menu in the EQ. Head unit is a Kenwood X705. I am wondering what this setting does at a crossover level.
It is a frequency booster/attenuator. The frequency you set it at is the "center". When you go narrow and boost it, it will boost only the frequencies closest to it like a triangle with a narrow base. When you go wide, the triangle base goes wide.

With an EQ, you have the frequency you're cutting/boosting (in HZ), how much your boosting (in DB) and width of the band you're adjusting (Q). General rule of thumb is to avoid boosting and definitely avoid boosting over 3db.

With an EQ, you have the frequency you're cutting/boosting (in HZ), how much your boosting (in DB) and width of the band you're adjusting (Q). General rule of thumb is to avoid boosting and definitely avoid boosting over 3db.
Good info. I have a couple things boosted but on +2db, most are -db

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Grimmjoww

CarAudio.com Veteran
Grimmjoww
Tennessee
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies