Buck Box Designs - New Picture Log

This is a Home Audio T-line for an Adire Brahma 12 (what an amazing subwoofer). There will be two of these total, each one having the same design. The sub is down-firing and the port will be firing backwards, the box will be sealed to the floor with a type of weather stripping, basically.

View attachment 25341

View attachment 25342

View attachment 25343

View attachment 25344

did you ever build and use this?

i have an extra brahma 12 d2 (the new version), that i may be interested in using in my home theater in an enclosure like this depending on the tuning and how low it will play.

did you ever build and use this?

i have an extra brahma 12 d2 (the new version), that i may be interested in using in my home theater in an enclosure like this depending on the tuning and how low it will play.

I'm not sure if that got built or not. That was for my box builder so I'm not sure if he wound up finally using it or not.

2 Sundown X8 v3's ported, behind the seat in a pickup cabin.

I'm not knocking it, I know you just follow the directions of the person wanting the design but for my own knowledge wouldn't it have been easier to make one box and face them/ port them out the sides.
I know there could be variables that went into it as well but I just always heard it was easier to put 2 subs in one box to compensate incase the dimensions where off by a little bit on either side.

I'm not knocking it, I know you just follow the directions of the person wanting the design but for my own knowledge wouldn't it have been easier to make one box and face them/ port them out the sides.
I know there could be variables that went into it as well but I just always heard it was easier to put 2 subs in one box to compensate incase the dimensions where off by a little bit on either side.

It was the only way. You better believe I tried everything haha. It's just the only way to do it.

😃 I figured there were variables that went into it
It's a good design
I like the idea of not facing the subs directly into the back of the seats

It's just so tight back there, she said. But seriously, it was difficult. You have to be really careful with how you do these smaller woofers, sometimes. Small, powerful woofers, I mean. I may try to get him to surround that gap after he builds the boxes and see if we can't control where that air goes when it's in that gap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...