broken basket on xxx

misterio
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
texas
Is there any way to fix a broken basket on a xxx 12" 2002 model? It is cracked in two places and is bent toward the bottom so if i installed it like that it would leak major air. I hope I can get this fixed it stinks.

thanks

Is there any way to fix a broken basket on a xxx 12" 2002 model? It is cracked in two places and is bent toward the bottom so if i installed it like that it would leak major air. I hope I can get this fixed it stinks.thanks
If you aren't confident in your welding abilities... which welding that close to a sub would make me extremely nervous... i would say call the company and ask them how much it would cost to get a new basket. I am currently getting my XXX re-coned and they give pretty good prices on the parts to fix stuff with

problem is that it is broken in two spots and now it is sagging down which prevents it from having an airtight seal

If you aren't confident in your welding abilities... which welding that close to a sub would make me extremely nervous... i would say call the company and ask them how much it would cost to get a new basket. I am currently getting my XXX re-coned and they give pretty good prices on the parts to fix stuff with
JB weld comes in tubes. No actual "welding" involved. Just squirt the tubes together and put it where you need it.

i know except im pretty sure that if i actually tried to weld it with a welding machine.

1. sparks would melt through the surround

2. the heat would melt the surround off

3. etc

it's why you use JB weld epoxy type stuff (if it isn't bent).

i've used JB on tons of stuff.. holds like no tomorrow, and i heard that they fixed a cracked engine block with it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/silly.gif.3549b64aaa5b6729eb8e865319a3234f.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.