Bridging an amp to one sub

Participant count
  • Participant list
You can bridge each side but you can't turn it into a mono amp. I have seen guys in the past bridge each side and run one side to each voice coil on a dvc sub. Would be best with 2 subs imo, as its not advised to run 2 different channels into 1 speaker. But I have seen it done.

Soundstream Reference 644s
The old blue ones from back when Soundstream was a premium brand? I'd advise against. That would be a fine amp for mids and highs (though it's probably nearing the end of it's life or the point where you'll need to have some components replaced to keep it going) but with the cost size and efficiency of modern monoblock amplifiers there's absolutely no reason to over-work one of those old dinosaurs on sub duty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

That amp does not have the RCA summing feature. You will have to use RCA splitters at the amp. If you already have that, then check the gains.
Bridging the amplifier Mono(LPF)on that sub will work just fine @4ohms
This is correct. Those insurance /extended warranty people dont want to pay for anything that isnt listed on the contract, of which to most is...
Never said they were. Commentary was more to being able to purchase one or the other or 40% off and take a 90 day warranty... which I would in a...
The HU us likley 12-15 x 4 at best so yes, using an amp will be hugely beneficial, night and day. The HU us not going to drive a sub to any...

About this thread

roccodiesel

CarAudio.com Newbie
roccodiesel
Rancho Murieta
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from