Break in period for XXX?

woops too late i am blasting them haha j/k i only have them currently in a small sealed box tops 1.5net and maybe getting 500rms a piece if that
so they should be about right been playing them for about a week

i was just wondering but do they make a weird noise on certain notes like only if you are within a few feet from the sub you can hear it it sounds like a metal noise or something is that just the sub since its a l7 or wat
possibly over excurting??? i would not think so with that much power my cvr made a weird noise if you were close to the sub but it was over powered lol i never really like hearing my sub with like the trunk open

i've had both, and i went back to XXX's........but the mag is a great sub, excellent sq, just not enough output for me
I listen to a variety of music and i want to have the punchy quick kickdrums. Are you getting that with the XXX? I'm just getting crazy low ends. That could be the reason i'm not liking it as much.

Audioholic when you do get the sub in, can you tell me how the kickdrums are? Im trying to figure out if its the sub or the box its in. I mean it's probably the box also but I dont want to build another box and see that it not do well with kickdrums that are probably in the higher freq range like 70 or 80 ish. I read alot of people saying that the xxx is only good up to 60 hz range . Is this true? could be why im missing the kickdrums

I listen to a variety of music and i want to have the punchy quick kickdrums. Are you getting that with the XXX? I'm just getting crazy low ends. That could be the reason i'm not liking it as much.
Audioholic when you do get the sub in, can you tell me how the kickdrums are? Im trying to figure out if its the sub or the box its in. I mean it's probably the box also but I dont want to build another box and see that it not do well with kickdrums that are probably in the higher freq range like 70 or 80 ish. I read alot of people saying that the xxx is only good up to 60 hz range . Is this true? could be why im missing the kickdrums
I know there is a gap in midbass frequencies with my setup so this is probably true. Have you considered running it sealed?

I know there is a gap in midbass frequencies with my setup so this is probably true. Have you considered running it sealed?
hey danz wtf is that in your ava!!?

i cant make up my mind between a lamp fixture and a wall behind it or a girl with a black thong //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

hey danz wtf is that in your ava!!?
i cant make up my mind between a lamp fixture and a wall behind it or a girl with a black thong //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif
Its obviously just a

make sure all the settings on the amp and HU are right?
I had really good low end with that box and my mag.
Thats the problem. the XXX requires a larger box than the mag and it displaces more internal volume. Hey do you happend to have the exact measurement and slot measurement? I want to mess around with it in winisd.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.