Break in period for XXX?

innsanes
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
HB Cali
Just finished installing my 2005 15" xxx into a a 3.2 cf @ 33hz and it sounds OK but not where i would call it SQL. The sub is brand new, first time it ever saw power. Is there a break in period for it to loosen up?

really depends on how loud you're playing it and what kind of music. Give it some bass tracks for a few days at decent volumes...check the surround's movement day by day at the same volume and song, the more, the better.

woops too late i am blasting them haha j/k i only have them currently in a small sealed box tops 1.5net and maybe getting 500rms a piece if that

so they should be about right been playing them for about a week

i was just wondering but do they make a weird noise on certain notes like only if you are within a few feet from the sub you can hear it it sounds like a metal noise or something is that just the sub since its a l7 or wat

A metal noise? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif uh...well if it sounds like it's a grinding sound or something I would push on it a little without any music, it's possibly a defective one I don't know, I haven't heard an L7 in a longggg time.

it doesnt make the sound when i push on it its a odd noise i will try to get the noise on a video people say they make some odd noises because its a spl sub plus you can only hear if if you are within a few feet from the sub

Just finished installing my 2005 15" xxx into a a 3.2 cf @ 33hz and it sounds OK but not where i would call it SQL. The sub is brand new, first time it ever saw power. Is there a break in period for it to loosen up?
3.2 is a bit on the small side for it maybe..

I would most definately try a larger box if you are looking for more output..

I dunno if there IS break in period for the xxx. I blasted mine 1min after installation.
you also have to realize that the spider suspension will loosen up over time. That is why people claim they need a break in period

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.