Brands....Shop vs Shop...???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Canaan
10+ year member

Beatin' the block down
Ok. From an online 'in the know' stand point what shop would you most likely visit?

.....Also, from a mainstream standpoint, what shop would you visit?

Shop (A) carries:

Kicker, Memphis, Fahrenheit, Pioneer, Treo, Kenwood, JL Audio

Shop (B) carries:

Pioneer, T-View, JVC, Digital Designs, Sundown, Hybrid Audio Tech, ARC Audio

JUST based on the brands the shop carries...what shop would you be more likely to visit?????

EDIT:

Also, why?

I visit all kinds of shops just to see what kind of work they do and BS with the guys there. Local shop here carries crap brands, but that's just because that's what sells around here. The installer does good tight work and is fantastic at tinting and he and the owner are really cool and host competitions.

Then again I just go to a shop to socialize, I buy used or online and install myself.

Shop (A) carries:Kicker, Memphis, Fahrenheit, Pioneer, Treo, Kenwood, JL Audio
One of these things doesn't belong. Lol.

Obviously I would gravitate towards shop 'B' because I have no interest in anything 'A' carries other than Treo.

I can't comment on the "mainstream" point of view because I don't have that mindset. I can tell you that if I didn't know one way or the other, I would check out both shops and get a demo of both of their gear. That's why I think having a demo vehicle is so important. And not enough shops have one available. Yeah, if I was looking for a HT sub, I'd love to hear what you have in the sound room. Can I hear it in a car? Kthnx.

You guys carry HAT? ****. I wish y'all were closer.

Depends on what I'm looking for really...amps, subs, or speakers. I trust Kicker amps and I like JL subs if the price is right. I'd also check out the Treo stuff at shop A. From shop B, I like Pioneer decks, DD, SA, ARC and wanna demo the HAT stuff and see if it's as great as people say....

From a mainstream point of view, at least basing off my locals, shop A all the way. They'll call the rest overpriced flea market junk and swear their "homebwoi" with the 6 L7 15s stuffed in a tiny sealed box is the loudest in the world.

Overall, I think shop A would make the most cash. A lot of enthusiasts buy online and do their own installs so they probably won't buy from a shop where as the lesser knowledgable will head straight for shop A and disregard B.

That's how it is here....the most successful shop carries Lanzar, Boss, SSL, all that kinda stuff because that's where the money is around here. People won't pay for quality. The other shops rip ppl off too though on equipment and install prices and they like to act like you're stupid in comparison to them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.