brahma

Participant count
  • Participant list

eddie12345
10+ year member

u know
i got my brahma today and hooked it up to my amp for the moment(jl 500/1) i thought that this would be a good amp to break it in with being that it only is 500 watts but if i turn the amp more than 50% up the sub starts to burb.... it seems that this sub may have a high wattage rating but if i can only give it 250 watts right now to break it in that seems like nothing. i though that i should at least give it like 500 watts and that would be low enought to break it in but it is to much. how long is it goin to be befor i can see what this baby has.. in a week or two i plan on switching that amp out with a memphis audio 1100watt amp do u think that a memphis audio amp will be goo with this sub.... thanxs any advice will help

what do you mean it just burped..did it play like a regular sub..like to music...power doesnt have that much to do with breaking in...it is how high you turn it up...

D

Originally posted by eddie12345 i got my brahma today and hooked it up to my amp for the moment(jl 500/1) i thought that this would be a good amp to break it in with being that it only is 500 watts but if i turn the amp more than 50% up the sub starts to burb.... it seems that this sub may have a high wattage rating but if i can only give it 250 watts right now to break it in that seems like nothing. i though that i should at least give it like 500 watts and that would be low enought to break it in but it is to much. how long is it goin to be befor i can see what this baby has.. in a week or two i plan on switching that amp out with a memphis audio 1100watt amp do u think that a memphis audio amp will be goo with this sub.... thanxs any advice will help
You haven't set your gains properly. Just because the gain is set at 50% doesn't mean the output is half what it's rated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.