brahma glue issue

here are some pics of the spider

the first pic is the spider being lifted up. you can see the spider is perfectly fine, just detached.

brahma1.jpg

another pic of the spider

brahma2.jpg

part of the spider that is still intact

brahma3.jpg

Hello. Unfortunately we can't make a determination without seeing it. But from what it sounds, it probably would be covered under our warranty. If it is, then there would be no cost to you. Also, we have all the parts in stock, so turn around time should be very fast. If you do decide to send it in, please follow the instructions on our warranty page. And as a suggestion, please be very legible when filling out the RAF. Trying to read some people's handwrighting can be a nighmare sometimes. This is most important in the e-mail section so we can at least contact you.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

i'm so tempted to fix it right now but haven't heard from adire yet. i'm pretty sure it will void the warranty but it doesn't hurt to ask. luckly i caught in time before the entire spider detached. i would say about a 1/4 of the spider has been detached.
If some of the spider is still attached, you can perform the repair yourself easily - as you don't need to worry about the alignment being off.

However, if you have a warranty, I'd use it, unless you want the driver working again right away - then just repair it.

i got a response from adire today. to my surprise, they are going to let me fix the problem, send me the glue/materials, and not void my warranty! you can't beat the support from adire! thanks adire!

you can't be the support from adire!

Sure I can. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

BTW, this is an unusual circumstance. I would suggest that when people do have problems to at least contact us before making the repairs themselves.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

wow i was readin this topic about 2 hours ago i went to get something to eat and sure enuff one my kickers wound up with the same problem i was just wondering if i can by the kinda glue i would need to fix it at a home depot or something

any help appreciated

wow i was readin this topic about 2 hours ago i went to get something to eat and sure enuff one my kickers wound up with the same problem i was just wondering if i can by the kinda glue i would need to fix it at a home depot or something
any help appreciated
I'm not sure what Kicker uses, but the stuff we use is really expensive and very hard to find. It costs us $15 for a .7 oz. bottle of it.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

any help appreciated
while searching for a good glue to use, i spoke with someone who knows the industry pretty good and he said that a lot of companies use cement glue. not sure if it's the same glue used by kicker.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.