Bracket/Speaker Question for 08 cobalt..plz helpo

Participant count
  • Participant list

randychmm

ohio
So I bought a pair of KFC-1694PS from Kenwood at best buy. (TO PUT IN DOOR SPEAKERS for my 08 cobalt)

Got the harnesses.

BUT..

Tried to install them on my own...and obviously need a bracket.

Took the original speakers out of the original brackets and the new speakers did not fit in the old brackets.

I was thinking about buying these brackets to make them fit and was wondering if they would work?

Scosche - 6-1/2" Speaker Adapter for Select Chevrolet Vehicles - SAGMHR634

I have an option to pay $160 to get them installed, but I'd rather pay for the brackets and do them myself.

Let me know if I left any information out, thanks!

Thanks!

Will they fit with them? Crutchfield.com says they will not fit in the "front deck" which is door speakers as I am assuming even with a bracket. They did not fit in the original bracket so I am hoping it will fit in them. So they're obviously what I need and worth ordering?

Cut yourself a wood baffle. those plastic ones sux bawls.

Why wont the fit? Wont fit into the hole? They go too deep and the window hits the speaker?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.