Box tuning

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am not meaning to jack this thread, it is some info I am looking for.

mast240, what about a form fitting box? I have a stock sub box that my car came with that I just want to replace the sub. I don't even know the cu is of the box because of the odd shape of it.

IMG_20110723_173728.jpg

IMG_20110723_173756.jpg

yea... for odd shaped box's, its more of an approximation.... if you wanted to find EXACT size, and the box is plastic, like yours, you could always use water to find out the exact size... 7.5 gal = 1 ft cubed... just make sure its 1. completely sealed, and 2. you dry it out COMPLETELY before re-installing it, 3. theres no internal circuitry that could get fried from the water (i.e. stock internal amp)

its a nice LONG equation... but there are a ton of calculators out there that u can use... just Google box tuning calculator... THE12VOLT.COM has some nice ones

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.