I need help on building a box for my 18

playyamxz550
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Memphis
I made another post before nobody responded I wanted to build a box 7.5 cubic ft before displacement and tune it around 35hz and then add in everything which i no will change the tuning alittle now i got like 36L22H23W something small like that does that sound like a 7.5 cubic ft box, if anyone has any basic slot ported out the back sub facing up desigins, im also willing to pay now someone please get back to me

What kind of 18 is it? You don't have 7 cubic feet there, no matter what box you build. Depending on the EBP of the sub though, you may be able to go with a smaller sealed enclosure and still get low bass.

What kind of 18 is it? You don't have 7 cubic feet there, no matter what box you build. Depending on the EBP of the sub though, you may be able to go with a smaller sealed enclosure and still get low bass.
are you really an idiot? or did you read a speaker book memorize some words and acronyms and think you can give advice now?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif 36x22x23 is 10.5 ft^3
10.5 gross. Figure a cube and a half for 1.5 sheets of 3/4 and bracing. Then knock out another cube and a half to 2 cube for port displacement and it's about 7-7.5 cube.

If you have all that space, use it. Keep in mind if you have the port too close to a wall inside your cabin it won't function properly. I could do up a cutsheet for you if you have EXACT outside dimensions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.