box tuning

you'll need internal box size and the deminsions of the port(s).
well the thing is...i have all that info, cause i built the box myself. i got the specs from kicker. and kicker told me what it will be tuned to. but im just wondering if its actually correct when all is said and done.

well the thing is...i have all that info, cause i built the box myself. i got the specs from kicker. and kicker told me what it will be tuned to. but im just wondering if its actually correct when all is said and done.
I'd hope a multi million dollar corp like them could figure out how to properly tune a box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I'd hope a multi million dollar corp like them could figure out how to properly tune a box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
well, youd think so. but when compared to the box i had b4 which was a small sealed prefab, there wasnt much (if any) difference in output. the only difference i noticed was low end.

well, youd think so. but when compared to the box i had b4 which was a small sealed prefab, there wasnt much (if any) difference in output. the only difference i noticed was low end.

thats insane was the power on LOL no but serious....it should have a boat load more output than a sealed peice of sh@# prefab

Sometimes your ears wont notice the change. So thats what I've been told by others.

interesting, i didnt see these posts yet.

well ive decided to get L7s again. and i actually just bought them today. except this time theyre the new chrome looking ones instead of the old silver cone (not that it matters). but now that i will have the subs, is there any way to measure the port tuning? or is math the only option?

we need ALL the dimension of the box. height , width, depth. thickness of the wood. port height, width, and length. then we can tell you

well i guess its actually not so much that i dont trust kicker. its thats i dont know for sure if i understood their box plans completely when i built it. ill get the dimensions so you guys can tell me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.