box too small

Participant count
  • Participant list

PatFitz9
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Chicago
i have a box that i was going to use for 2 RE 8's that is ~1.25 cubic feet at 34hz. I am going to put 2 DD 1008s in there instead. is there any downside to using a slightly smaller box? i have my zx1500.1 to throw at them, so should i just give them a little more power?

oh i forgot to say that the 1.25 cubes is without sub displacement. the box is probably going to be temporary, but i want to know if it is going to sound like crap if i use them in a small box. or really limit my output. i usually stick to factory specs when i design my boxes.

i say try it out.

but for those, id go 2.0@32

idk why, just sounds like a good idea.

someone told me your box was cute when i was done w it. got pics anyway?

i didnt get pics of it carpeted

-Robin

yeah, i was thinking about 2 cubes for em would be good.

and i'll get pics up of it, it is cute :p i haven't had a chance to even use it, because someone gave me an offer i couldn't refuse for my RE's.

cuz i just paid good money to have a box built, and i don't want to throw it away. also, it's 35 degrees outside, so i don't plan on doing much woodworking for a while.

It's not "that" cold out. I'm 30 minutes north of you have built 3 boxes in the last 2months.

If you want to bring the wood by I'll do the cuts, then you could assemble it inside...

where you at in IL? i would probably take you up on that offer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

30 minutes north of Glenview ice rink. I ref there once in a while. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Beach Park is the town. About 10 minutes East of Six Flags. Let me know if/when you wanna head up this way as I've go no projects going on right now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.