Box specs for old school Orion HCCA 12D 1200w subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

obidon
10+ year member

On the cone, it says HCCA in white with red outlining it and then Orion under it. I'm thinking it may be from 1998 but I'm not sure. There is an extremely limited amount of info about this model online. I called Orion, they really don't know and all the car audio places around here just give me guesses. I want to make the perfect box for it but I am stumped as to what specs to use. Someone on here has to have either had this sub or seen one before so if you have even a little info, it will help greatly.

I think it's 600w RMS but what amp should I run it on?

Also, if I end up selling it after putting it in a box since I have a bunch of systems already, how much would it be worth? They're very hard to come by. I'm just curious.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
i just got mdf and the PVC port will be 4" in diameter and 12" long and after port and basket displacement, the box will be 2.25 cubes. does that sound okay?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.