Box size for Kicker l7

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sharp_Shoota
10+ year member

UK
Ok i've never built a box before so ive decided to go for a sealed one as ported would be too hard to get right.

I've just baught a 12" kicker l7.

Can anyone tell me roughly what the best size enclosure would be fore this? Idealy I want it to be pretty small but I dont wanna loose out on any bass. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Any help is much apreciated. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

With the Kickers I'd go anywhere from 1.5- 2 ft^3. How much power are you planning to throw at it?

Chris Trostle

Gunna use a hifonics brutus 1500.

I was also gunna built the enclosure so its pretty low depth wise and make it wide, so does the shape matter as long as I have the same cudic space?

Be sure to give your subwoofer at least one inch of space (from the back wall). As for the shape, it matters about the shape only when you have a massive enclosure (which yours wont even be close). With the power your wanting to put into I'd guesstimate that the 1.5 cubic feet box would be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.