Box Tuning

Participant count
  • Participant list

H4cK
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Home
I just wanted some clarification here. When, lets say, someone tunes thier box to 30-35hz, does that mean that they will playback frequencies of 30-35hz naturally w/o any kind of processor assistance?

Was just a lil curious about that...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Not sure I understand the question. The tuning frequency is the freqiency at which the direct output from the speaker and the output from the port are exactly in phase. At this frequency, the majority of the sound is actually coming from the port. Any kind of well designed enclosure will have a relatively flat frequency response over a wide range of frequencies without the need for any equalization.

OK that basically answered my question. What I was asking is, like lets say your epicentre brings your frequency down to 30hz, but if your box is already tuned to 30hz, would the box naturally reproduce the same bass?

The Epicenter is a "bass restoration" processor. It alter the signal and adds subharmonic information. It is actually creating sounds. Basically what it does is generates the 1st subharmonic of the frequencies from 60-120 hz adding bass information that wasn't orignally in the recording. Your sub will play what it is presented whether it is in a sealed or ported box. The Epicenter just changes what is presented and adds stuff that isn't on the source.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.