Box Recommendations and Request for Quote: JL 12w3v3 in 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybri

Participant count
  • Participant list

walesmd

I've been a lurker on these forums for awhile and I've finally decided to register, get involved, and ultimately get a little help. I've been looking for a sealed enclosure (sale or blueprints) that would support a JL 12w3v3 (2 Ohm; JL 500/1 pushing it).

The vehicle is my daily driver, 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, and I'm aiming for tight, clean bass that hits the lower end and simply sounds great. I wouldn't mind being able to turn some heads from time to time but it's not really the goal. I mainly listen to electronic and rap with a bit of rock mixed in.

I've seen JL's Preloaded StealthBox and something of that nature would be absolutely perfect as long as it met JL's specs for volume of 1.25 cu ft (I'm interested in hearing others experience with this size as well). Unfortunately that box sits on the passenger side which is significantly different on the hybrid model as that is where our auxiliary battery sits. I believe a mirror of this design, bringing it to the driver side, would work perfectly - I don't believe that portion of the trunk had changed. (abt.com/product/53053/JL-Audio-94500.html - new account, had to remove link)

I've only seen one other design, specifically geared towards the Sonata, in which the enclosure takes the width of the vehicle and is pushed against the rear seats (supercrewsound.com/jeff.html - had to remove BBTag due to new account). Once again, I believe the hybrid alterations prevent me from using this box as I have seen it although a similar one could be possible.

If anyone has links to boxes they recommend I'd love to check them out. Also, I know there are quite a few well respected fabricaters here; I would absolutely love to discuss this further with you and provide what you need in order to get a quote for an enclosure built and shipped. I've yet to build a trusting relationship with local shops and plan to have this installation done before that would be possible, so I'm leaning on the public's well respected opinion of you all here. If any happen to be in the San Antonio area, or have professional contacts here, that would prove useful as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.