Box recommendations? 12'' Type R

I just had the same issue with the box. I went from a 1.5 net tuned to 30hz to a 2.3 net tuned to 32. I was way too boomy for the lows and I like hip hop. The rolloff went down pretty quick so If you like to listen a little lower volume sometimes, you might not like it.

Its almost like listening to tweets with a sub, no midbass. My 1.5 net was punchy and all music sounded good with it, not quite as low but still hit pretty good for lows.

Now, I bought the X, cuz this was why I designed my box bigger. In the box with the X, its about 2.15 net due to sub displacement and port displacement. It sounds alot better music wise and is a hell of alot lower than the R. Now Im happy.

ok, i'm dismissing the 3 cuft at 32hz from the carforum site.

from all the replies i think i'll go with a 2 cuft at 32.

i dont like boosting my music up, so the car next to me can listen to it.

what i like is that bass nobody knows where its coming from and you and whoever is in the car can feel it in the chest.

this is what im making:

2cubes32hz375sqin5jm.png

its 4 cuft total, but the plan says 2cf. weird. i'm making it for a re se. can someone clarify?

this is what im making:
2cubes32hz375sqin5jm.png

its 4 cuft total, but the plan says 2cf. weird. i'm making it for a re se. can someone clarify?
if you take the measurements into the re enclosure calculator, it ends up giving you a 2cf tuned at 30 hz box.

i finished building my box. it came out pretty good. it's a 2 cuft tuned at 33hz. i get more low end bass than before, but the higher frequencies have softened quite a bit. i have to cranck the volume the get them going.

what should i do next?

i finished building my box. it came out pretty good. it's a 2 cuft tuned at 33hz. i get more low end bass than before, but the higher frequencies have softened quite a bit. i have to cranck the volume the get them going.what should i do next?

You should probably crank all bass settings on the headunit and amp as well as the gain. Oh, and don't forget to add bass boost for extra dB'z //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

A lot of low tuned boxes drop off with higher frequencies, its not uncommon. It is more of a function of the specific subwoofer and enclosure though. You can try to find a different sub that will work better or beef up your midbasses. Other option is not to tune so low, which obviously has its downfalls as well.

i finished building my box. it came out pretty good. it's a 2 cuft tuned at 33hz. i get more low end bass than before, but the higher frequencies have softened quite a bit. i have to cranck the volume the get them going.what should i do next?
2cuft total? and you were running an mrp-m500 and type r 12?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.