Box Placement In Trunk

Seriously doubt that, I have had (4) 12s in my Crown Vic before, sealed, and currently (1) 15" ported (at least until this weekend //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif and both were close to the back of the trunk.

Still sounded fine, I think you will be ok.

Do you have a picture of your current box, I have a 97 Mercury Grand Marquis so it should be about the same trunk size and I was curious how you made your box.

I roughly calculated that if you use the "wings" out on the side of the trunk (youd have to assemble the box in the trunk) you could get 7.5 cubes and not go much higher then where the spare tire shelf is at, but that was just a hunch and It might be to complicated to actually do.

I dont have my spare tire in my trunk. My current box is 16'' long 40'' wide 24'' tall subs and port facing back. New box will be 20''long 40'' wide 25'' tall. 8.32 cubes gross 7.72net after sub, box, and port displacement with a 4.4 inch wide slot port tuned to 33 htz. This box is for 4 RE SE 12's. If the subs were facing up I could get alot more volume but its not as loud facing up port up. Box could be 24X40X25, which is about 10 cubes after box and port displacement tuned very low about 29 30htz. You could get alot more than 7.5 cubes out of that trunk.

I dont have my spare tire in my trunk. My current box is 16'' long 40'' wide 24'' tall subs and port facing back. New box will be 20''long 40'' wide 25'' tall. 8.32 cubes gross 7.72net after sub' date=' box, and port displacement with a 4.4 inch wide slot port tuned to 33 htz. This box is for 4 RE SE 12's. If the subs were facing up I could get alot more volume but its not as loud facing up port up. Box could be 24X40X25, which is about 10 cubes after box and port displacement tuned very low about 29 30htz. You could get alot more than 7.5 cubes out of that trunk.[/quote']
Right I was saying 7.5 Cubes if the box wasn't much taller then 18" and utilized the outstretched part of the trunk, you would just have to assemble the box in your trunk cause you could build it externally and fit it in.

Can I see anyones box in your trunk plz? I'm curious as to how much room air has to get into the cabin?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.