Box making noise or subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

6inarow

Reva SD
I have two kicker comps running at 400 watts a piece and they jump out of the case none to less, they are extremely loud and deep. I'm a clean bass head, I love it loud he crisp. I have a Phoenix Gold SR 80 amp, the kickers, and wiring, costing me about 400 dollars in trades and labor. I noticed the box seems to be making a whooshing noise, closer to a vibration noise if anything. I visually inspected the box and nothing is loose or damaged, if I push on top of the box the noise seems to go away. However if I really thump on them its nonexistent. It's a custom performance ported box tuned at 35hz. It's really aggrevating me and im thinking of a reseal... Any advice?

If you can push on the box and stop it, the box needs to be braced, sealed shored up, replaced, or whatever it takes to stop the problem. The fact that you can't hear it at high volume doesn't mean it goes away... it just means the drivers are making more noise than the box.

I have two kicker comps running at 400 watts a piece and they jump out of the case none to less, they are extremely loud and deep. I'm a clean bass head, I love it loud he crisp. I have a Phoenix Gold SR 80 amp, the kickers, and wiring, costing me about 400 dollars in trades and labor. I noticed the box seems to be making a whooshing noise, closer to a vibration noise if anything. I visually inspected the box and nothing is loose or damaged, if I push on top of the box the noise seems to go away. However if I really thump on them its nonexistent. It's a custom performance ported box tuned at 35hz. It's really aggrevating me and im thinking of a reseal... Any advice?
answered your own question

After inspection the box has zero cracks or leaks, could the subwoofer be making the noise and echoing? Port noise? Or is there a very very very small crack and or leak causing issues?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.