Box help!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

bcgann

Hey everyone, I am new to building custom boxes so I have a few questions I need cleared up.

I am currently going to build a ported box for 1 AudioPipe txx-bd2-12. The recommended box size for the best SPL sound is 3.0.

Questions #1 : is the 3.0 measured by the inside area or the outside of the box?

Questions #2 : Is the port included in the 3.0 or do I add the part to the 3.0 design?

Here is what RE Audio Box builder says and here is the altered version of mine in Sketchup.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

View attachment 26551166View attachment 26551167

the 3.0 is the net or inside space. you need to subtract port displacement as well. so in reality your box outside dimensions might be like 4 cubic ft or something idk

BEAUTIFUL! 1 question though, are all subs made the same? What I am saying is will these box designs produce the same (posted) frequency if it is a 12" AudioPipe VS a 12" MOFO?
adjust the tuning to your preference, no not all subs are made the same, like i think 3.0 net ported is a little too big for a 12 but hey I'm new at this too so maybe not. you just gotta look online at previous owners and see what they used

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.