Box help

Dan123196

Senior VIP Member
Boston ma
Right now i have a terminator sealed box that I have my mtx subs in and i just bought type r's and they. Are a little bigger and take up more room in the box so does that make a difference in sound? Is it ok to use with my r's? Or should I build a box? If i build a box can i make it any size i want? Thanks for the help

Right now i have a terminator sealed box that I have my mtx subs in and i just bought type r's and they. Are a little bigger and take up more room in the box so does that make a difference in sound? Is it ok to use with my r's? Or should I build a box? If i build a box can i make it any size i want? Thanks for the help
The Alpine subs won't take up enough space to make an audible difference but you would be amazed at how much better they would sound in a proper ported enclosure.

^^ spot on.... u can get away with it, but to get the most out of your sub/amp setup it's worth paying some1 to design you a box and send you a cut out template

^^ spot on.... u can get away with it, but to get the most out of your sub/amp setup it's worth paying some1 to design you a box and send you a cut out template
What does it cost to buy a design? And can't i find them online for free?

12" and I think i want sealed cause they are smaller. Does ported make a big difference compared to sealed?
It makes a huge difference in the output of the sub with ported being the better of the two. And I think there is a thread here with a ton of free designs.

If you want to design it yourself you can get a free download of google sketchup, its really easy to use. Just find your airspace reqs and port reqs and draw away.

I watchd a couple of videos on YouTube by a channel called car fabrication. He does a tutorial on sub enclosure drawing using sketchup. I learned a lot. Recommended.

You can also google "how to design a subwoofer box" or something similar and there is a walkthrough on how to use Torres Box Design Calculator, and how to draw it on Sketchup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.